11 - Don't Know

Alex and I were heading back to our table when Eric Bloom suddenly appeared. I held back a tired sigh at the sight of his polite smiles. A glance behind the man and I saw the rest of the Aion musketeers sitting at their table.

"Ms. Lind" Eric Bloom was courteous as always. "We would be honored if you join us"

I refrained from rolling my eyes.

"Looks like we don't have a choice" Alex said amusedly.

I had wondered what Alex meant until I saw that our original seats are occupied by others.

"Ms. Lind, please" Eric Bloom slightly turned with a hand toward the table.

Seeing no way out, I made my way toward the table.

"So nice of you to join us Calla"

Just as I was about to respond to Ben Carter, Eli Frye stood and pulled out the empty seat beside him. I was at a loss until Alex nudged me from behind. Muttering out a quiet "thank you", I sat down in the seat. When I look up, everyone at the table was looking at me. Well, everyone but Feng Li. His attention was on the pretty CEO beside me. I smirked while glancing at the nonchalant Alex who sat down at the open seat to my right.

Seeing Feng Li there at Aion table did not surprised me since the genius did work for them. It was unfortunate that Aion beat Allac in the recruitment the previous year.

"Ms. Lind, it's an honor to finally meet you"

I had been focusing on the genius mathematician and overlooked the man sitting beside him. Wataru Shige - a brilliant programmer and gamer in the technology world, was recruited by Aion several months ago. It was impressive how Aion manage to get a hold of the programmer when many failed to do so.

"The honor is mine Mr. Shige" I smiled courteously. "Your game is quite impressive"

"It's not his game" Eli Frye's calm, cold voice startled me for a moment.

"Right, but it wouldn't have been as successful without Mr. Shige's skill"

"I wrote the program"

Startled, I turned to look at Eli Frye. I didn't know the man could write software programs. Eli Frye was brilliant in the business sense. He plays the stock markets like it's an easy game and can pick out good and bad investment trades like picking flowers. As an investor, I had relied a lot on what I've known in my previous life and my instinct. For me, I required time to research and learn about what the investment entails. But for Eli Frye, he was capable of seeing the value of something the moment he sees it.

"It's true. Eli wrote the program." Wataru Shige chuckled softly. "I only helped on perfecting the 3D holographic"

Again, I was surprised with Eli Frye's ability.

"I didn't know you could program" Before I could stop myself, I have already asked the question.

"There are many things you don't know about me"

I stared at him.

"There are many things you don't know about Calla"

I turned to Alex and saw the unreadable smile as he regarded Eli Frye.

"And you know her?" Eli Frye challenged Alexander Locke.

"More than you'll ever know"

I feel a headache forming while the two men on either side of me begin their mind games. Ignoring them both, I searched for a waiting staff nearby and signal him over. I needed a drink.

"Please get me a glass of Viognier_"

"Get her chrysanthemum tea"

I looked at Eli Frye with disbelief and annoyance.

"I want_"

"You're underage"

I could not believe I'm being lectured by the overbearing man. Had he been this way all along? Because I was blinded with infatuation for the man, I missed this part of him. Just as I about to give Eli Frye a piece of my mind, Alex's suppressed laughter made me glare at him.

"Who side are you on?"

"You are underage" Alex teased.

If I were to count the years I have relived, I would be only a year younger than the twenty-six year old Alexander Locke. Being treated like a little girl by this group of men annoys me to no end.

"Miss Lind, your tea" The young man returned with a glass pot of chrysanthemum tea.

I refused to drink what I did not order.