12 - Bothered

"You like chrysanthemum tea"

Eli Frye's casual statement bothered me. I do like chrysanthemum tea, so why am I so vexed that the man knows this? Watching him pour the tea into the glass cup confused me. In the past, any attention he gave would bring me happiness. Now, his attention disturbed me. I could not understand the reason to his interest.

"Here" Eli Frye set the cup of tea in front of me.

I hate myself – annoyed with my heart for beating so uncontrollably. My hand involuntarily reached for the beautiful crystal glass cup with the flower petals floating at the surface. Staring at the tea, I did not dare to drink it.

"Ah" While holding the tea cup I abruptly noticed the pink gold bracelet still around my wrist. "This_"

"Mind if I joined everyone?"

Another irritating man appeared – Malik Shah, the Arabic Prince. Although the table had room for one more, there wasn't a chair. But that didn't stop the prince's bodyguard from bringing a chair for him to sit. Without waiting for the invitation, the man sat with a glass of red wine in hand. Since no one at the table minded the sudden addition, I remain silent. The man's confidence was admirable. Or rather, his thick skin was commendable – even more so when he openly stared at the pretty CEO beside me. Curious with Alex's reaction, I glance over at him only to see his usual indifferent expression.

"Calla"

Again, another man appeared – Victor Contra. The man had been sitting with my family. What was he doing at Aion's table all of a sudden? No one spoke – just eyes staring. Normally, I would seize the moment to tease Alex for having admirers, but I was currently stuck with the same predicament.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" Vic looked at me with urgency.

Vic wanted to speak to me alone but before I could stand, Eli Frye's sharp eyes froze me in place.

"I'm going home" I stood quickly, avoiding Eli Frye's eyes.

I didn't want to deal with the absurd situation.

"Let me take you home" Vic said gently.

"No" Eli Frye spoke calmly.

While Vic and Eli had their silent battle, Alex stood beside me with a smile.

"We came together so we'll leave together. Let's go"

When Alex and I went, no one tried to stop us.

"You know you can't avoid the situation forever" Alex commented as soon as we exited the villa.

I know I can't, but for now, I want to avoid it.

"Calla, who do you want?"

Alexander Locke – my right hand man – my CEO, asked me the question that bothered me the most. Who do I want?

"No one" I answered.

Alex looked at me with amusement – as if he doesn't believe my answer. Two can play this game.

"Alex, who do you want?"

The pretty man laughed, giving me no hint at his feelings while he walked toward the waiting helicopter. With a tired sigh, I rubbed my forehead, wanting to ease the growing headache. The cold gold tapped gently at my forehead, reminding me of the bracelet. A closer look of the bracelet revealed the engraving of calla lilies flowers. Turning, I looked back at the quiet white villa, trying to understand it's owner's feeling.

"Calla!" Alex called loudly through the noisy helicopter's spinning propellers. "What are you doing? Hurry up!"

What am I doing? Closing my eyes tightly, I gathered all my strength. Opening my eyes, I turned and walked away from the quiet white villa.