31

Louis smiles when he hears his doorbell go off. He stands and opens the door to reveal his boyfriend. His smile widens even more as he brings Harry into a giant hug. He can feel the boy's cotton sweater rub against his face. Louis almost reaches forward and kisses the taller boy, but stops himself when he remembers his friends are there.

"I missed you," Louis sighs. Harry pulls back and shows Louis a wrapped box. The box is medium-sized, and the wrapping paper reads 'All wrapped up for Christmas'. A golden bow is taped to the top corner.

"I wrapped it up myself," Harry points out. Louis rolls his eyes teasingly and takes the present from Harry. He sets it with a few of the other presents the other guys have brought him.

He's throwing a small birthday get together for himself. He only invited his three band mates and Harry to keep it more intimate. Louis feels like these are the only people can he can be himself around.

"Took you long enough. We've been sitting here waiting on you for forever," Niall moans. Louis pushes the fake-blond over to make room for Harry on the couch next to him. Harry walks towards the couch and squishes in next to Louis.

Louis knows that Harry's still awkward around the other guys. He knows it'll take some time for Harry to get to know them and get used to them being around before he's entirely comfortable with them, but he's slowly getting there. Louis can see that Harry's getting more comfortable with Niall every day and that Niall likes having Harry around.

"So, what's the plan," Liam asks. Louis glances over to Liam who's sitting on the floor. He thinks for a Moment before answering.

"I'm thinking about ordering some pizzas, watching a movie, maybe playing some X-Box. I just want to chill with my best friends, you know," Louis offers. Zayn excitedly stands and goes to put in the video game. Before Zayn changed, Louis used to have him over loads and they'd play X-Box all night and eat tons of junk food.

Niall, on the other hand, immediately stands and goes to the kitchen to order a pizza. He knows his friends well enough to know Louis' go-to order (ham, pepperoni, double cheese, and jalapeños) along with Liam's (plain pepperoni) and Zayn's (chicken). Louis told him earlier Harry likes sweet corn pizza (to which Niall stuck up his nose but agreed to order anyway).

Liam gets up and starts sorting through Louis' movie collection, trying to pick out a good one. There are quite a few movies Louis hasn't seen that he's bought. Normally, when he finds a movie that looks good he buys it, but then forgets to watch it. The habit bothers Liam (which may also be why he does it).

"Am I supposed to be doing something," Harry whispers. He looks lost among the other boys and Louis just shrugs.

"You're fine. They already know what to do and besides I like you sitting here with me," Louis explains. Louis snakes an arm around Harry's back and smiles when Harry blushes. He feels Harry lean into his side.

"Are you going to play, Harry," Zayn asks. Louis raises an eyebrow at Zayn's question. Zayn smiles as he offers Harry one of the X-Box controllers. Harry glances to Louis and then back to Zayn.

"I don't play videogames," Harry answers softly. Louis stops and straightens. Harry's doesn't play X-Box? Zayn's mouth falls, and he hesitatingly sits on the open armchair.

"Did I just hear that someone doesn't like videogames," Niall asks. He enters the room and takes his seat on the sofa next to Louis. He glances around the room waiting for an answer as Liam pulls a movie from Louis' collection.

"Not everyone has to like videogames, Niall," Liam adds.

"I just don't understand. How can someone not like videogames?" Niall mutters. Louis turns to Harry whose cheeks are bright red from embarrassment. He gives Harry's side a squeeze and smiles at him. Harry throws him a small smile back.

"Nobody takes Luigi! It's my birthday, therefore I get first pick," Louis protests. He pulls his arm from around Harry's back and takes the forgotten controller Zayn offered Harry.

~_~_~

It's later that night when the boys finally start to quiet down. The furniture was moved so they could lay down blankets and sleep on the floor of the living room. Liam's the first to protest about it, complaining that that's what spare guest rooms are for, but Louis hits back with 'it's my birthday' which quiets Liam quickly.

"Why don't we just chill and watch a movie," Liam suggests. Louis shrugs and gestures for someone to put a movie in.

Harry and Louis are sitting next to each other, their backs against the sofa. Liam refuses to lie on the floor and decides to sit on the couch instead. Louis told him it would be a lot more comfortable for the boy to just sleep on the floor, but Liam's pride is too big for him to accept defeat. Zayn sits on the opposite side of the room from Liam and tangles himself in an assortment of blankets and pillows. Early on, Zayn complained it was too cold and then wrapped himself in nearly all the blankets, leaving only his face to stick out of the mountain of comfort items. Niall is already half asleep in the middle of the floor, cuddled up in a blanket.

"How about we just go to sleep," Niall complains, yawning. Liam stands and puts the movie in, careful to step around the sleeping boy.

The lights are dimmed already, so all Liam has to do is put in the CD. Louis makes sure Zayn's looking on his phone and Liam's back is turned before he turns towards Harry and kisses him quickly. Louis pulls back trying to contain a small giggle.

As much as they hate being in the closet, both would admit they find it fun to try and keep everything secret around their friends. Both are trying to see how far they can go and have gotten away with many quick kisses while the other boys haven't been paying attention.

Louis doesn't know what movie starts playing and he doesn't really care either. Harry lays down and Louis follows suit. Harry yawns quietly and reaches for Louis' hand under their shared blanket. As the movie continues Louis finds it harder and harder to keep his eyes open.

Harry falls asleep after a while and cuddles into Louis' side under the blanket. With the constant purring from Harry in his ear, the extra body heat, and his already sleepy state, Louis finds himself slowly falling into a peaceful sleep.

~_~_~

Hey guys! 1. So, I've been dwelling on something for a while and I've finally found a solution. Instead of having random bonus chapters whenever, we'll go ahead and make it a challenge. I'm going to average the last five chapter's votes and comments and then add 2 to come up with the bonus goal for that week. (Ex: If we had 2 comments on three chapters and 3 comments on the others that would be an average of 2.4 comments. Add two to that and we get 4 ish. Your comment goal for that week is 4.)

If you guys reach BOTH vote and comment goals before the following Monday then you get your bonus chapter. (btw comments that are spam don't count. Hit me up with those reaction or inline comments to count towards comment goals).

2. I think I'm going to start asking you guys questions about yourselves ever week, just so we can get to know each other. The answers to your questions don't count towards the comment goal. However, if we share something in common (like you have the same fav color as me) then you get a shout out in the next chapter!

Bonus Goal: 12 votes and 10 comments

QOTC (Question of the chapter): How old are you?

If you have any questions please comment them (no these don't count for comment goal ;))
(Which fic writer am I?)

~B