Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Thoughts began to quickly unravel in my brain, and I truly wondered that if Ezra were to kill me right now, would he get punished for it? Would anyone even hear my screams?

Would anyone in this damn school even care?  

I knew the safest way to play this out was by feigning apologies, and begging for forgiveness, and if it were anyone else, I'd probably do just that. But, this is Ezra Scott, and he's used to everyone bowing down to him. I will not be part of the crowd, even if my life is about to end.

So, I forced myself to act confident, even when my confidence is running at an all-time low right now.

I stood from my desk, and stomped down the room until Ezra and I were only a few feet apart.

"What do you want to talk about, Ezra Scott?" I said his full name in disgust, since he had the audacity to say mine in the same way. I stared him up and down, pretending to only acknowledge him as prey, when I'm more so the victim in this situation. I'm faking confidence, I'm buying time, I'm thinking of a moment to escape. Should I run out of the room? Will he make an attempt to grab me? Should I scream murder? Decisions.

He could skin me alive right here, right now. I don't want to show him fear, but as someone with as much money as he has, he can do anything. He's the king of not only this school, but the spoiled prince of the country. He'll watch me bleed and wipe his hands with the millions of dollars in his bank account.

That's to say if he'd even do the dirty work. I wouldn't be surprised if he put a price on my head. The Scott's are known to be shady.

He stared at me back, just as I was staring at him, the look on his face was unreadable, but I could almost feel the amusement he had, knowing I feared his very presence. I'm not scared of him.

I'm not scared of Ezra, I'm not scared of Ezra, I'm not scared of Ezra.

I'm scared of his status. I'm scared of his money. I'm scared of his last name.

He reached out, and I flinched thinking he was about to punch me, instead, he picked a fallen strand of hair off my shoulder, and dropped it on the floor.

My heart has never beat so fast.

"You're something odd, you know that? Pretending to not be intimidated by a Scott. It's so stupid it's almost respectable." By the way he spoke, it's almost as if he were complimenting me. I wasn't buying it. I noticed he didn't just talk in arrogance, he was speaking to me like it were fact, and he was entirely right. It was stupid to pretend I wasn't afraid of a Scott. We both know his capabilities.

"If you want me to say sorry, you're mistaken, I don't do apologies." At least not to you.

His eyes narrowed, "Oh, I'm sure you don't. I didn't come here for your apologies." He shrugged, that same bored look from yesterday morning returned. "If you want me to be honest, I really don't care."

"Then why are you here? Cornering me like this?"

He glanced around the room, and sighed, "I want to offer you a way out."

"Come again?"

He turned to me, "Because of the very public and reckless scene you displayed in the cafeteria," I rolled my eyes, "the entire university is against you." He grinned, but it wasn't really a happy grin, "Congratulations on being the most hated woman at Trinity University. Have you been on Twitter? Your name is trending, Olivia Brooks."

"I'm sure you enjoy giving me that title."

"It's a pleasure." He was frowning now.

If glaring at someone could kill, I'd have murdered him ten times by now. "Then what do you want?"

"I want you to start a project with me."

I leaned against a nearby desk. I did it in a manner that I was curious to what he had to say, but really I was just trying to back away from him. Being so close to him made me nervous. "What kind of project?"

There was a vicious glint in his eyes that made my heart sink, "I'm aware that you're under the influence of your emotions, and so I will not hold you entirely to your actions, but because I've never put myself in a relationship with a woman who defies me, mostly because I've not met a woman to defy me." He paused as if waiting for me to acknowledge the fact that I am, indeed the first woman to show him a slight, but deserved, bit of cruelty, "I'll allow you to date me, and in return you will have to publicly obey me wherever we are. Sounds like a rather fair conclusion, despite you being so rude to me."

It took me a long, thought out moment before I realized what it was he was implying. I wanted to laugh, I couldn't help but feel nearly offended. "Wait, wait, wait." I said, holding my hand up, stifling back the amusement in my tone, "You think, that because I threw a cup of soda on you, and refused to acknowledge you in the halls, that I am in love with you?"

"Every girl in this fucking university is in love with me, so don't get the idea that I'm flattered. I'm only offering you the chance to sit beside me publicly, and you can sleep with me if I'm bored. I'm sure that'll suffice for you and your desires."

This wasn't a joke. He's actually this self-absorbed. How is it that I'm so surprised?

"No." I stated defiantly, crossing my arms over my chest.

He widened his eyes in surprise, he genuinely was not expecting me to deny him. "What?"

"I said no, I don't have a crush on you, and I most definitely don't want to date you." I snorted, "I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life. Trust me, I want nothing to do with you."

He gaped at me for a long, processing moment, before speaking, "You're actually saying no, to dating me?"

Poor rich boy can't handle denial. At that thought, I finally laughed, "I would never, in a million years, date you, Ezra Scott. You're a disgusting human being, and I'd be ashamed to be seen hand in hand with you."

He stepped back, as if he really couldn't comprehend it. "You're lying. This is a joke."

"Why, on God's earth, would I bother lying to you?" I took a step closer to him, "I'll say it again, just so you can get it through your thick head. I don't want to date you, I never want to date you, and I have absolutely no feelings for you other than repulsive disgust and a dire need to vomit whenever I look at your face." Okay, that last part was a total lie, he is pretty attractive, just not my type of attractive. 

Though I would never, ever, in a million years, let him know I thought that.

Besides, his own self-obsession kills his good looks for me.

His hands clenched in fists, and I knew now was the time for me to leave. He was practically spitting the words out as he spoke, "There are millions of women who would kill to be with me."

"Then go ask them instead." I swung my book-bag over my shoulder, not bothering to grab the text books that still sat on my desk, I began to make my way to the door.

I'd get my books later. I refuse to attend class today.

He spun towards me, "If you walk out that door, I swear to God I'll make you wish you said yes." A threat. I should have seen that coming.

Swallowing the fear in my tone, I turned to look at him, and faked an eager smile, "I'm looking forward to it, Scott." I left, and all of my confidence and dignity failed to follow.