8. The Queen with her sepoys

"She's a Queen, with little bit of savage."

-The Golden Girl
(The writer doesn't own this)

***********************************

"You know, you have a game to win." Faye mumbled as she leaned on River, her eyes closed.

They were still on the terrace, sitting on the floor and watching the passing clouds. Yes, school had ended and yes, they skipped all the classes.

"Uh-huh..." He said with a sigh, hands wrapped around her.

"It is in half an hour, we should go." She took his hand from her shoulder and let it fall by his side as she stood up from her position.

"They will win with or without me, your pretty boy will make sure we do." He said, he himself standing up to go with her.

"You don't understand, Justin is not what you think, he is good." A small smile took over her features as she thought about the blonde boy who have been trying to steal her heart since freshman year. "Though he can be pretty handful at times."

"You can just tell him you don't like him back. He will walk away or even I can tell him to do so." He suggested, not understanding why Faye wants to hangout with such a stalker.

"You don't have to do that. It's okay, I like hanging around him."

"Well, that's new."

"Yah, I guess, around him, I just feel like I don't have to be someone better, like he will like me the way I am. You know what others guy think of me, don't you? For the first time, apart from you, Zach and Max, someone likes me for what I am, not cause I am popular, but cause I am me... "

Instantly, a smile mirrored to Faye's grew on his face, "So, you over Kyle?" He asked.

"I don't like Justin idiot, he is like a good friend." She said, smacking his head as they took the stairs.

"I see... the golden girl is still not over my best friend." He said with an eye roll.

"No one calls me that." She said, frowning as they both reached the empty hallway.

"What?" He asked, puzzled.

"The golden girl..."

"Oh, that... well then, from now on, I will call you the golden girl, that suits your whole profile you know, I mean... the popular, straight 'A's, plus the school president... wait, now that I think of that, don't you have a speech to make in the opening of today's ceremony, you were talking about something like that last week..."

And her eyes narrowed by a fraction as she remembered about the welcome speech, "Oh shit, you're such an idiot, you should have told me earlier, damn, what am I gonna do now." She cursed under her breath.

"Then run prinçessa, maybe you will be able to make something up until the football team captain reach the ground." River winked at her, the smirk never leaving his face.

And she ran, she ran with all she had, down the stairs, around the halls, entrance and finally, she reached the gym where the preparations of the match were going to take place.

"There you are. I have been looking for you for hours now, where were you? Are you alright?" Kyle ran to her as soon as Faye stepped into the gym, panting and looking flustered as ever. Her eyes roamed through the gym and relief washed over her as she found the students of the council working.

"Miss president, there you are, I want you to tell us exactly where the bleachers will stand. We have already opened the boxes that you had told us about but we want you to check it out." Her eyes instantly snapped to one of the guys of the student council who was calling her.