twenty

DO ME A FAVOR

tell me what you want to see happen with lemma because I have no idea where I'm going with a5 like tbh

but I love you and you and you not you but you and you and you!! all of you have the prettiest faces and I really enjoyed snapchatting aimee, katherine, jade, amanda, shay, emma, and kenz ily guys if I didn't list you it's bc we didn't rly talk! add me on snapshat guys willowily ok!

what did one snowman say to the other snowman? "do you smell carrots" get it get it get it ohhhhh

»

"You love him."

Emma choked on a Pringle. She had her friends over, Sara and Marie, and they were sitting on her bed pigging out on food that would go straight to their butts.

Sara Bowen was that one best friend that she'd had since second grade and they went through everything together. With her blonde hair and blue eyes hidden by glasses, she was a stunner, though she kept her high school sweetheart Nick. Marie, on the other hand, they both met in freshman year. She had wild curly brown hair and the best fashion sense you'd ever see. Both girls attended the community college, unlike Emma, and shared a flat. They invited her to live with them, but she wouldn't be able to pay rent or anything.

Emma shook her head. "I do not love him," she cried, huffing. Her green eyes turned downward to her tin of barbecue flavored Pringles.

"Dude, you're wearing his sweat jacket," Sara said, rolling her eyes playfully. "It's been four days since the date. If you just liked him, you'd have it folded nicely in the corner of your dresser, trust me, we know."

She looked down at the black zip up hoodie on her body, cuddling further into it while holding the material between her fingers. Em smiled shortly before looking back up at her friends. "That doesn't mean I love him," she scoffed. Her cheeks pinkened. "It smells like him."

Her friends stared at her in disbelief. "I haven't seen you this hooked on a guy since Andy," Sara said, watching Marie slowly lean over to smell the jacket, which indeed did smell of mint and chocolate. Andy was a guy in Emma's bio class that she'd been enamored with since junior year, but he was a total douche. "Why'd you like him anyway?"

"He was nice!" Emma defended and Marie shook her head, taking the sleeve of the jacket and smelling it again. "Stop smelling my boyfr- whatever's jacket." She swatted at her curly haired friend, who backed away with a laugh.

Sara pointed at Emma and Marie nodded in agreement. "You just almost said boyfriend, my dear," Marie said, and Emma just about slapped at her again. "I think you are actually looking for a boyfriend for once. Well, good for you."

"It's not that I wasn't looking. It was that I just couldn't get one, damn it."

She stuffed a chip in her mouth, licking her fingers after, looking at her lap in thought. It obviously hadn't been long after the store incident, so she couldn't have strong feelings like love yet. She'd never loved a boy except maybe Eric, but brothers didn't count. Sara was in love with Nick, and Em believed it, the way her eyes glazed over with a new emotion whenever he came around. They were always together and he was so sweet to her and . . . well, Emma was bitterly jealous. Every single time she was in the room with the two she'd say something about wanting to throw up or get a room or something, but she wanted that. She wanted someone to hold her and give her butterfly kisses and talk to her late at night.

There was a difference between in love and love, you know.

Sara was in love with Nick. But she loved pizza. So how could she tell the difference? It was complex, how one person could feel so much. When two people say those three aching words, the three very words that bond them together like almost none could, it was magical. The butterflies start up as soon as I love you slides off their tongues, tasting the words, feeling the emotion. But being in love? That was like taking two magnets of opposite attractions and bringing them together to create that single most best togetherness you could think of.

Emma didn't love Luke yet. Yeah, she wanted to be his girlfriend, possibly sort of. But for now, she'd focus on the task at hand - answering the millions of questions her friends had about the pharmacy.

"What did you guys do?"

"Talked, ate, played."

"Played . . . sexually?"

"Sara!"

"What was jail like?"

"Cold and hard."

"Like Luke's dick."

"Sara, I swear to Jesus-"

"Sorry."

They continued like that for a little while, and she missed this about high school, being able to talk and chill with her best friends like old times. It didn't happen much anymore since they were on completely different sides of the city and Emma was way too lazy to put on pants half the time to take out the trash.

It was when Marie asked, "What happened on the date?" her cheeks flushed and they both knew something happened.

"Well," Emma chuckled nervously, playing with the strings of the jacket adorably. "We both forgot our money for the movie," Sara cut her off to say that they really were meant for each other, "and so then it started to rain, and instead of leaving, we played hide and go seek in the rain and danced and, ehm, he kissed me. And then, at the end, he did it again."

The room was filled with the shrill, high pitched squeals of the seventeen (eighteen if you count Marie) year olds, to which Emma had to join in on because she needed to express her feelings somehow. She couldn't shake the feeling of his lips pressed to hers, the moistness of his pants pressing against her front because he was way too tall. It was all so crazy as it went on in her head on replay for hours.

"I'm lonely, why can't I get a bae?" Marie cried, flopping back onto the duvet. Her eyes closed and she cuddled with an embarrassing Justin Bieber pillow that Emma'd gotten for her birthday a few years back. "Sara, you have Nick, and Em now has Luke, now I'm left to die alone."

Emma cocked an eyebrow. "Luke has friends. And they're hot," she exclaimed, pulling out her phone and opening up Luke's texts. She quickly asked if the boys were single mysteriously and sent it, then looked at Marie who was practically dying with anticipation for descriptions. "Well, there's Ashton. He's got curly blondish brownish hair, and his laugh is great. There's Calum, who looks Asian but he's actually Kiwi. Don't get that messed up, believe me."

"Kiwi?" asked Sara.

Emma shrugged. "I don't even know. It's something to do with New Zealad? Google it. And there's Michael, who has pink hair. Isn't that fricken' cool? I'm gonna' dye my hair green so we can all be rainbow."

Her friends quickly denied that suggestion, telling her to keep her hair the way it was. A fake pout spread across her face and her phone buzzed. Luke said they were all single, so she looked at Marie deviously.

"Which do you think sounds the hottest?"