04

The world is full of different types of person. Each having their own manners, habits and way of doing something. Just like that when one comes back into consciousness either he feels his surrounding first then blinks open his eyes slowly or he jerks up awake then feels his surrounding.

My case is the latter one so that's what happened when I woke up. As soon as my senses return I snap my eyes open, sitting up straight which proves to be a wrong move as I get the full blast of the sunlight, feeling dizzy.

Putting my hands on my head, I groan as a pain shoot through my neck to my head. My body feels drained, my legs Jell-O.

What the heck happened?

Shaking my head to get rid of dizziness, I notice few things immediately. First, it is early morning. Second, I am sitting on a hard and crunchy ground. And-

And with that the images of what happened earlier bombard me with their presence making my eyes widen.

"Holy..." I whisper before getting up on my feet quickly. Again not the correct move as I stumble on my wobbly legs and my world sways around it's axis but I get a hold of it luckily.

Frantically, with my heart going on a crazy speed, I look around. And all I see, is the same road ahead from where I had taken the path towards my doom in the first place and the forest behind me where-

I freeze in my spot. It takes me few minutes to comprehend what had happened back there when I ran from those three vile men.

Men...

More men...

A big man..

Rudolf. My eyes further widen if that's possible.

Fight..

Tingles..

Blue eyes..

Golden eyes...

Bite..

Blood..

BLOOD!

In a reflex, my hand comes over my neck feeling my skin. There is a stickiness at the spot and something lining my skin. What is this? I go into panic state.

Turning my body so I am facing the forest, I eye it fearing someone would jump out from it anytime.

Someone or Rudolf.

Walking backward with my eyes still on the forest and it's trees, I feel eyes on me. A wave of shivers run down my spine and I shudder in fear. My eyes flickering from one spot to another to find someone.

Gulping down the lump in my throat, I move my hand over my jeans' pockets. I hope they haven't taken my belongings.

Who are they?

One thing is for sure that what I had seen is not my hallucinations or my mind making it up because last time I checked myself up, I was well and healthy in all manners.

Is it a dream? Maybe when I was running from those three men, I hit my head on the tree and passed out here. I snicker mentally at my own thoughts.

Right... Stupid.

If that was the case, I haven't woken up here alone.

A car honking breaks me out of my thoughts. Turning my head slightly, I look over and my heart jumps in relief as a car drives in my direction or in the direction of the road where I am standing.

Taking a deep breath, I flip the hoodie cap over my head and dust off my hoodie to get rid of the leaves and mud. Once I thought I am presentable enough, I pull out my wallet from my pocket.