•Twenty One•

Ringing.

All I could hear was a ringing straight through my ears, my head was pounding and my vision was blurry.

I looked around to see I was back in my cell on my bed. I could hear voices outside, it sounded like people were arguing. My vision started to become clearer and I looked out my cell to see everyone gathered around. I could see Glenn standing outside our cell, joined by Michonne.

"Hey, if Rick says we're not leaving then we're not leaving." I heard Glenn announce.

"Nah better to live like rats." Merle chimed in.

"Yeah and what do you propose we do?" Rick questioned.

"We should've got our asses outta here last night. Missed that chance, I'm sure he's got scouts on every road outta here by now." He answered.

"Yeah well we ain't scared of that prick." Daryl spoke up.

I heard Merle give a slight chuckle. "Ooh y'all should be. See that lil truck through the fence thing? That was him ringing the damn door bell."

"Can we put him in another cell block?" Maggie asked, clearly frustrated.

"Nah he's got a point." Daryl objected.

"This is all you! You did this!" Maggie shouted.

Honestly, I couldn't help but feel bad. Part of this was on me, I told him where the prison was. I sacrificed everyone else just to save Glenn and now he might die anyway.

"It doesn't matter who's fault it is. What are we gonna do?" Beth anxiously questioned.

"We need to leave!" Hershel demanded. "Get back here!" He suddenly shouted causing me to jump. "You're slipping Rick. You once said this isn't a democracy, now you have to live up to that." He added.

Everyone seemed to leave and head back to doing their own thing.

Glenn turned around and spotted me trying to stand up.

"Woah, hold up there. You can't walk on that leg." He said walking over and gently pushing me back.

He sat down beside me before sighing. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I questioned.

"I shouldn't have left. Maybe if I ha-"

"Hey, no this isn't your fault. I did this to my own stupid self. I was talking to Rick, trying to convince him to come back. I saw Hershel trapped with those walkers coming towards him, I had to chance it. I-I couldn't just leave him there." I said placing my hand over his. "I'm sorry too, for pushing you away. I just didn't want your pity." I added.

"It's okay." He said wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you, so much." I said placing my head on his chest.

"I love you." He replied kissing my head before standing up. "I'm gonna go get Hershel so he can take another look at your leg."

I simply nodded and smiled as I watched him walk out of our cell.

***

"You know I could have checked it myself?" I questioned Hershel after he was done looking at my leg.

"I know, but it's best if you just rest for now... Take it easy." He answered. "You can't be reckless like that, risking your life for an old man like me." He added.

"You're my family, I'd take a bullet for all of you guys." I said giving him a small smile.

"Hey, I found these in the infirmary." Maggie announced bringing in a pair of crutches and handing them to me.