1

2 years ago

"That was fun."

"Yeah," I hum, pulling the covers over my naked body. Now that it's over i'm back to being shy about showing myself, especially around Jace.

"Still hurt?"

"No," I lie.

"Good." He gets out of my bed and starts getting dressed and I blush when he catches me watching. But he's so perfect. I can't even believe we just had sex. I've been crushing on my brothers best friend since I met him when I was twelve, and how unexpected that three years later I would find out that he feels the same.

"Where are you going?"

"I gotta get home."

"But-" I frown. In the movies, after they have sex they usually lay with each other for a while. I thought that's what people do, not just walk out as if he didn't just take my virginity. I guess not.

"What?"

"Nothing." I sit up, making sure my body is hidden.

"If Alex sees me here-"

"I get it," I nod, smiling. As soon as he's gone my smile drops from my features.

Why am I so down? I just did it with Jace Daniels. Every girl in school would be jealous of me right now if they knew, and everyone in my grade would drop dead.

"Hey, Dad," I sigh, sitting at the dining room table next to him as he does work on his laptop, whatever work it is he does exactly.

"What's up, Yasy? Seems like something's been bothering you these past few days."

Just that Jace has barely answered my calls or texts and when he does he just says he's busy. "Nada. I'm great."

Dad raises an eyebrow. "Want anything to eat? I'm going out and could bring you something back."

"No thanks." When he closes his laptop and stands up, I make an in the moment decision. "Actually, can you drop me off at Jace's place?"

"Jace? What for?"

"He's helping me do my science project that he did last year."

"Okay, but don't stay too long. Boys don't deserve the pleasure of your company." He touches my shoulder and I smile up at him, not bothering to tell him how wrong that is.

Jace lives with his Mom most of the time, so I know that's where he'll be. I also know the way around his house as I've been there a couple of times. Knocking on the door, there is no answer which tells me his Mom must be out and he must be upstairs and can't hear me.

"Jace?" I call after going inside. I call his name again but there's still no reply, so I walk up to his room. He's probably sleeping.

His bedroom door has the typical teen boys banners on it, saying keep out and other crap like that. Who is he trying to keep out? I doubt his Mom would want in and the only other person who lives here is his six year old sister. He might as well be direct about it and write 'keep out Alice'.

"Jace," I mumble before twisting the door handle and pushing it open. What I see is not what I expected however, and instead in front of me I find Jace hovering over a naked girl, who I can tell in seconds is drop dead gorgeous. She's breathing heavily, and I figure the noise is why he couldn't hear me shouting him. Jace freezes in his position and looks to his left, seeing me at the door and I swear that from his face he can see my heart breaking there on the floor.