Chapter 7

I see my friends in the clearing where we started. Vandailia has a huge green flag around her shoulders and she's smiling. Everyone on our team is congratulating her. "Where was it?" I ask her.

"They hid it in a massive sycamore tree." Alice says. "Lucky thing Vandailia isn't afraid of hights." She nudges Vandailia with her elbow on the last comment.

"Oh I'm sure anybody could have climbed that tree." Vandailia says hiding behind her dark hair.

"Are you serious?! It was like 50 feet high!" Alice yells wildly gesturing.

"Really? It didn't seem that high. I live around a lot of trees. I climb them all the time." Vandailia says.

Now I hear someone else yelling on the other side of the clearing. A dark-skinned boy is yelling at Grayson. "Come on, Bro! You were supposed to get their flag."

"I swear I saw it! Maybe I didn't. I don't actually remember." Grayson says looking confused.

"You don't remember! It was like, 10 minutes ago!"

"I don't know, Eli! I...really don't remember."

"Fine. Just get it next time." Eli says and fist bumps Grayson.

I see Grayson hold his head in his hands for a bit. Then he looks at me with a weird look in his eyes. He starts to walk toward me.

The ringing noise sounds again. "Okay children! Go to your next class!" Professor Gates yells.

At dinner we sit around our table talking about the Capture the Flag game. "I'm honestly suprised we got it before Grayson did." Alice says, taking a bite of her turkey meal.

Isa nods. "Especially since they had their flag in that giant tree.How did they get it up there anyway?"

"They had Jenny, that girl who can levatate." Vandailia answers.

After a while I tune out my friends' chatter. I see Grayson at a table of his friends. He stares at me again.

"Carly! Earth to Carly!" Alice yells at me.

"Huh?" I turn back to them. "What is it?"

"We asked you if knew if anybody saw our flag." Isa says.

"Oh....um, no, nobody did."

"I heard Grayson say he thought he saw our flag." Alice says.

Isa looks at her. "Really? I heard him say he doesn't remember anything about the Capture the Flag game."

"He has kind of seemed...off since then." Vandailia says. "I mean he's always been a sore loser,but this is different."

Isa looks at the table. "I heard him thinking about someone who wiped his memory."

I cough,nearly choking on my lemonade.

"You good, Carly?" Alice asks me once I've stopped coughing.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say my face slightly red.

Isa is next to me, looking at me with a knowing look on her face. I can tell she is reading my mind. "It makes since now." She says.

"Please explain to those of us who can't read minds." Vandailia says sarcastically.

"Remember how we were talking about what Carly's Electra is?" Isa starts.

"I can persuade people's minds to think different things." I finish for her.

"Really?" Vandailia says looking up from her wall of hair.

"Try it." Alice says looking at me seriously.

"On who?" I ask. If I do this on someone I at least want to know who, so I can say sorry later.

"Him." Alice says, gesturing to a boy with ragged black hair in the corner table.

"Why him? He looks so lonely." I say.

"I know him personally." Alice says.

I shrug and face him. "What should I do?"

"Make him act like a princess please."

"No that's too mean."

"Fine then make him think he is Grayson's best friend."

"Okay.Fine."

I stare at the boy and imagine him talking to Grayson and saying they are best friends. I have never done this without directly talking to the person so it might not work. Then like a dream he gets up and heads to Grayson's table. "Whats up G-Man?" He says to Grayson.

Grayson turns to him and says "Do I know you?"

"Dude, I am your best friend."

"No you are not."

Some men at Grayson's table yell at him. This is getting bad. I stop whatever I am doing and then the boy looks confused and heads back to his seat.

Alice, meanwhile, is laughing very hard.

"Explain what just happened." I say.

"I'll tell you tommorow." Alice says between laughs.