Chapter 5

A/N warning - a lot of good shit.
Violence. 

Update - Please join my new and perm/ discord - https://discord.gg/dvjjh98  

(Y/n) Pov

You ran and ran, as far as your wounded feet would carry you. The sewers seemed to go on forever, never-ending. The water kept rising and rising and rising. Afraid it was going to reach your knees, you sped up - cringing at the splashes of dirty, vomit-like water slashing against your legs. A flickering light caught your eye, the end of the pipe!

The sudden surge of excitement and the hope of survival flooded your veins. Your legs kept pushing and pushing, slushing through the thickened water. The water itself was licking your inner thighs now. It was uncomfortably close to your torso, almost like a knife about to pierce through your skin. Dying wasn't on your bucket list, you had to escape now. With one last push, almost a leap, you came face to face with the light you first thought was the exit. It wasn't, the shimmering of a candle and the swaying of metal chases all hopes of escape away. It was a lantern hanging from the ceiling, the candle flame gently flickering.

"No!" You screamed, grasping the lantern and shaking it with fury. "No! No! No!" You repeated over and over, your eyes welling up with tears before they stormed down. Mixing with the snot that leaked out of your nostrils at a slow, painfully gross pace. The candle thrashed around, the flame shrinking into a thin flicker before it disappeared. Leaving you in the darkened sewers.

The water calmed, settling some nerves but not enough to stop the constant whimpering and yelling of frustration escaping your lips. One of your larger fears was death and now you were about to greet it with blood-shot eyes.

You collapsed to the ground in pure pain, noticing how the water had gone down to just ankle height now. Gently you swayed your hands through the liquid, noticing how it was thickening so very slowly. Gulping, you looked around. Feeling and seeing how the water was darker, thicker. Reluctantly, you scooped a handful of the substance with your palm, lifting it to your nose to give a sniff. The stench made you gag.

"Blood," a voice spoke behind you. Giving a gasp of surprise, you felt a hand at the back of your head. Then suddenly the hand shoved your face into the forcefully into the blood. You screamed, feeling the liquid weave it's way into your open mouth. You began to gag, gargle at the substance. Thrashing about as the stinging sensation of your heart beginning to slow. You cried and cried, your thrashing becoming relentless as your head began to throb.

A calming sensation came across your body, you felt almost relaxed. As if you were dozing off to sleep. But you knew full well you weren't, and without any more strength to fight back against the hand you let death come upon you.

You gasped, sitting up straight. Pressing your back against a wall behind you. Your hands searching the ground, feeling the comfort of cold concrete, wet puddles and the stench of shit. Sharp, heavy breaths filled your lungs. The pounding of your heart almost hurting. You kept your gaze on the water flowing around in front of you. That dream, that nightmare was so real.

As you let your eyes focus in front of you, you realized the sitting-down figure of a person. "Drowning is one of the best ways to die," It spoke, "apparently it's one of the most calming sensations." The figure slowly stood, walking towards you. You looked up at It, realizing who it was and giving a startled yelp. "I wouldn't fear death by drowning," Pennywise began, walking towards you than stopping. Crouching down, his hands holding onto his knees. Crouching in a frog stance.

You gulped, averting your eyes away from his face and towards the many pipes that could count as exits.

"Would you rather die by slowly being chopped?" Pennywise slowly got on all fours. Crawling towards you. "Or would you rather..." he quickly grabbed your chin. Forcefully moving your head to face his own stern gaze.