Seven Shade Hunters

Ju Long stands outside of Baozhai early the next afternoon. When he woke up, he missed his Wife so much that he had to see her, so when it came close to the time for Baozhai to open up, he and his 3 guards came to the restaurant behind the hidden alley. But upon reaching the restaurant there was a closed sign hanging in front of it with a message that they would be close for three days.

Ju Long knocked on the door, calling out his wife's name, but no one answered. He turned to call Ai's name as well, but no one answered him.

"Where did they go?" Thorvald asked as he scratched his head. "Does it have to do with why Lady Sya was covered in blood the other day?"

Ju Long turned around to stare at Throvald with icy grey eyes. His Wife's life is in danger and she didn't even tell him about it! He had been too caught up in shamelessly chasing her that he does not know anything about her! What a fool he's been!

"You are not allowed to come back until they come back!" Ju Long said to Thorvald as he turned around and left. "Send me word the minute they come back!"

Thorvald scratches his head again before nodding his head in agreement and sits down on the stoop of the restaurant.

-----------

Meanwhile, Sya and Ai along with Sya's Seven Shade Hunters stood back to back surrounded by 40 men all dressed in royal blood red. They wore the color of the Demon Master, Sya's father, the Demon Lord himself, Lord Zion.

There were already 20 dead bodies on the ground near the small group of people who are fighting to survive.

Sya had her ice white sword out and slashed the bodies that were running towards her. With one strike Sya cut through two men and struck another, slicing them through cleanly.  While Ai had two blue daggers in her hands and swung them around as she danced around Lord Zion's men.  The Seven Shade Hunters fought with the same ease as Sya and Ai.  As they all grew up together, they all knew each other's weaknesses and strengths.  Should one be weak in an area, another person would step in and cover the weakness. 

Their teamwork played very well with each other as they fought and covered each other's backs.  40 men soon became 20. Then 20 men became 10.  When the last 10 men stood still as they watched their comrades fight and die for their Demon Master, they knew they should have brought more men.  But now in the face of their deaths, they did not have any regrets.  Their mission was to find the Princess.  And they did.  They have long sent word to the Demon Master of his daughter's whereabouts and sooner or later, he will come for her. 

The last ten men brought out their swords and charged group of nine who killed their people without even sweating.  They faced their death without fear and one by one, the ten of them died. 

The Seven Shade Hunters quickly went to work, searching each body for any clues or valuables while Ai and Sya stood to the side.  When Chengzi stepped forward and knelt on one knee, the rest came to kneel beside him as well.  They had failed their job as Sya's Shade Hunters. 

It was because of their recklessness that they were followed then identified as the Shade Hunters.  Word of their existence was sent back to the Demon Master by now.  All they could do now is wait for their Princess's punishment. 

Sya stood still as she stared at the seven men who swore a blood oath to her on her fifth birthday.  Then again when she was 12 years old, and once again when they all ran away when they was 18 years old. 

"If any of you want your freedom, I'll let you go."  Sya said as she stared down at the seven men who were her guards and her best friends.  "I'll let you go of your service and let you live a normal life.  One that doesn't involve running away and hiding from my Demon Father.  I won't be mad at you, I'll actually be happy that you decide to live for yourself!" 

They all hanged their head low. Should one of them make a mistake, they all made a mistake.  That was how they were taught and raised.  So when their Princess told them that she would let them go, should one want to leave his services, it would imply that they would all leave her side as well.  So in turn, she was telling them to all leave her side so they could live normal lives. 

However, their upbringing was all they know about.  All they understood.  All that they are, it is what the Demon Lord gave to them, taught them, made them do.  What was their "normal" was all they knew about.  In the eight years of living in the outside world, they have learned quite a lot, however staying beside their Princess was all they wanted.  But due to their lack of attentiveness, they left a trail and now they have been found. 

How could they leave their Princess now that the Lord Demon will find her soon?  How could they try to run and hide when the main reason why they were bloodsworn to serve Princess Sya was about to happen?   When it was their fault that Sya's location was found out?

"Do not drive us away!"  Ki shouted as he bowed lower to Sya.  "We have sworn to serve you.  Sworn to protect you.  Sworn to be your sword.  Your shield.  Your smoke.  Your caregiver.  We sworn to stay by your side, no matter where life takes us, it was to always be standing by your side." 

"Please forgive us for our mistakes!"  Zise said as he closed his eyes and shouted.  "Punish us!" 

Sya stared at the seven men who she grew up with.  She sighed.  She wanted to let them go so they could live away from her Demon Father's rage, but the poor fools were conditioned from a young age to serve her and only her. 

"It wasn't your mistakes."  Sya said as she stepped up to each man and helped him stand.  When the last man stood up, she looked up into the sky.  "It was my fault.  I was a bad leader.  It was I who overlooked our safety and caused this calamity.  And now, you all are having to face my Demon Father when he comes collect what he thinks belongs to him.  Go now.  Be free." 

"No!"  They all shouted. 

"I am no longer your PRINCESS!"  Sya shouted at them as she whips around to look at them.  "I am NOT YOUR LADY!  I am NOBODY!"

"No!"  They shouted again as they all knelt down on their knees and kowtowed. 

"Kill us then!"  Ai said as she kowtowed as well.  "We were born the same day on the same year.  Should something happens to Lady Sya, then we shall all die as well...on the same day, on the same year!  Do not throw us away to save us!  Do not run away from us, to save us!  We are one from the first day we breathed air into our bodies.  We are one from the first day we were given to you.  We serve you from our first breaths to our last breaths.  Do not deny us this! Please my Lady!" 

*****************

Author's Note: 

Ahhhh!  One chapter tonight only.  My workload is getting bigger and bigger each day so I haven't been writing bc of it.  My usual updates will be slower than how it use to be.

*Kowtows [_(_ _)_]*  Please forgive me on the lack of update and with only one chapter.  The next time I should be publishing another chapter or chapter(s) would be this Sunday.  Please look forward to it.  Thanks again for all the love and support!  Please like/share/comment!  -ptd      *Kowtows   [_(_ _)_]  again*