Chapter 13 (Company)

Salam guys... Here's the next chapter. A huge shoutout to @meena_tee for being the fist person to comment on the previous chapter. Enjoy.
#TLIMMsquad.
***************

He cocked his eyebrow at hearing what she said.

"Seriously Amal... Did you just instruct that i take the day off? So,who's the boss now?"
He questioned folding his arms to his chest.

"Yes sir, that's what you need to do. I know you can manage working with a throbbing headache,but you're stressed and under pressure as well. I can handle the work for today,i promise."

He looked at her astonished at what she just said. First he's surprised at how they've started addressing each other by first names,and secondly her instructing that he takes the day off just like the way he did instructed her to when her mother was at the hospital was just unexpected.

"I know that you can handle this, but just the way allowed me take a day off when my maami was in the hospital,you knew i can handle things but just to stop me from working under pressure, you made me take the day off."

She disrupted his thoughts. He went back and sat in his chair,he averted his gaze at her and gave a small smile

"I can handle this Amal,thank you for the concern,this Aspirin will subside the headache Allah's willing."

"Okay,since you insist I'll go make you a cup of sugar free coffee and come along with some cookies".

Amal made her way out of Malik's office to get him his coffee,and cookies that he didn't requested for.

His phone light up indicating an incoming text,it's from his mother.

She has been worried about him,wondering how he copes with the lonely days now that Zain is in the hospital. He kept assuring her that he will be alright but she had to ask if he'll move back to their home so that he'll find company in the midst of his family members. But Malik has protested saying he can handle himself alone,besides he needs to grow up and not act like a whinny child just because he's facing some life challenges.

He decided to call his mom instead of replying her "are you okay" text to assure her that he's indeed alright.

As soon as he called,she picked up after barely the first ring. He heard her voice from the other side.
"Malik".

"Assalamualaikum Mama".

"Malik habibi,how are you? How's work"?.

"Alhamdulillah Maama,everything is fine. I'm at the office now."

"Great Ma shaa Allah I'm glad to hear that you're okay. I meant to call but thought about interrupting something while you're at work that's why i semt you a text. Zainab will wake up soon Allah's willing. And if you need anything, come home son".
She assured him again just as she does everyday.

"Sure Maama,may Allah bless you".

"If you wish you can come over for dinner,i'll make you your favourite dish."
His mom finished up. A smile immidiately crept unto his face. He feels so blessed for having such supportive parents.

They said goodbye and ended the call.
Amal came in with a cup of coffee in one hand and a saucer with cookies on it.

"Here's your coffee sir".

She dropped the mug containing hot black coffee on the table,this time around sugar free. Just as he likes his coffee.

"And some cookies".

She placed the saucer close to the coffee.

"Thank you Amal,may Allah bless you".
Malik uttered genuinely appreciative of how concerned she is towards him.