Chapter Four: Inner Conflicts

"What will cause chaos?"

"Taehyung!" Jisoo gasped in surprise.

"What's going on here? What's with your looks? You look like you guys just saw me in my Beast form." Taehyung joked.

Both Jisoo and Jimin managed to laugh akwardly, not wanting for Taehyung to know their secret. Jisoo immediately straightened herself to face Taehyung properly, making sure that there's no trace of the tears that she had let out from her eyes. Jimin on the other hand came back to looking oblivious.

"Nothing!" Jisoo quickly filled in. "We were just looking for you." Jisoo added.

"Where have you been anyway?" Jimin asked.

"I was with Doc." Taehyung answered lamely. "You know, for my treatment."

"You should have told us!" Jisoo nagged. "We got worried and came looking for you!" Jisoo continued making the two prince wince in exhaustion.

"Well, that's my cue. I'm out of here." Jimin said, giving Taehyung a playful smirk. "Good luck."

"Ya! What's that supposed to mean?" Taehyung roared but Jimin was already running away, leaving Taehyung to deal with the upset Jisoo. "What?" Taehyung glared towards Jisoo, feeling annoyed by her pouting face.

"I was worried, you know." Jisoo mumbled but Taehyung could definitely hear her. " I was so scared that you might have gone somewhere and never come back. I thought you'll leave us again just like what happened that time."

Taehyung suddenly remembered when his Beast form came the first time. He wasn't sure what triggered his curse but all he could remember was he got locked up in their underground cellar for at least a week for the fear that he may hurt someone. Not until when the young Jisoo found out about him being hidden away in there and snuck inside and to everyone's surprise, they just found them inside sleeping together with Taehyung being normal again.

"You silly girl." Taehyung's hand went to reach and touched Jisoo's face gently. "What do you think would happen if you're not by my side?" Taehyung's eyes soften upon seeing Jisoo's innocent face and he suddenly felt a tightness in his heart. "I don't deserve you. A beast like me don't deserve someone as gentle and innocent as you, Jisoo." Taehyung whispered, pulling Jisoo to embrace her and Jisoo stiffen by the sudden hug.

"What? I didn't hear what you just said, Taehyung." Jisoo quickly retracted from the hug to look at him confusely.

"Nothing." Taehyung replied, ruffling Jisoo's hair. "Let's just go. I'm sure Jungkook is worried sick."

"Oh yeah! You're right." Jisoo remembered. "And oh, I'm still angry with you." She pouted.

"What did i do now?" Taehyung scowled.

"You made us worry! And did you know how upset Jungkook was? You meanie!" Jisoo answered and left him.

"Ugh! Why do I have them as my friends again?" Taehyung mumbled, shaking his head in disbelief. "But for the record, I'm fortunate to have them." He smiled and went to follow Jisoo.

*****

Taehyung was glaring and frowning by the sight in front of him. It was the first day of their Senior year in Highschool and it was the first day of school for the new kids. It just so happened that Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok were in the same classes with Taehyung, Jimin and Jisoo while Jennie and Lisa were in the Junior class with Chaeyoung and Jungkook.

"Class, please treat them well in behalf of our future king." Fairy Godmother told them but the whole class didn't respond except Jisoo who nodded her head enthusiatically, smiling to the newbies. "Behave kids, okay?" Fairy Godmother reminded but her knowing looks lingered to the new kids longer and then she finally left the kids alone.