part 2

My eyes darted from each book in my locker simultaneous with the memory that I would be attending biology class next. I reach into my locker to grab the red book, once it registers in my head that red, is indeed, the colour I use for my biology book.

The bell sounds throughout the hallways of the school.

Once the red book was fit quite snugly into the largest compartment of my school backpack, I slammed my locker shut and slung the bag over my left shoulder; just how I usually would.

As I quickly took steps down the hall to where my biology classroom was, I thought to myself that I'd better head quickly so I wouldn't be late.

I realized I'd been watching my shoes too long and the thought occurred to me that I'd better be mindful of where I was walking, just like I'd always been told.

Just as I raised my gaze from the floor, a body collided with mine. The girl let out a loud 'oof', that was heard before the sound of all the books she'd been holding hitting the ground rung out in my ears.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I quickly blurted out, barely taking any time to think before I dropped to the floor. "I should have been paying more attention." My hands made light work of the papers that had scattered from her book upon impact with the floor.

"Hey, don't worry about it." The girl had a nervous tone to her voice as it shook in the air, but there was something very charming about it. "I never really liked doing school work anyway."

"Well, unfortunately for you, I'm giving them back." I let out a playful snicker as I rose with all the stranger's books in hand, holding them out for her to take back. I took a few seconds to appreciate that her eyes were the most beautiful brown I'd seen

"Damn it, guess I'll have to keep going with this trying to pass shit." She giggled as she reached out to retrieve her belongings from my grip, her nose scrunching up in the cutest way.

"Since I'm giving you the stuff that you dropped, I kind of wish you'd dropped my number too." My mouth moved, making noise without too much thought processing in my head first. I wanted to see this girl again, and if that meant being extremely cheesy, that was a risk I was willing to take.

"Wow, that was really bad." The girl shook her head, but was still laughing nonetheless. "It's not something I dropped, but I will take your number anyway if that's okay."

"Yeah, of course." I smiled. There was something about this girl that extinguished the worry of even being late to class in the first place.

I liked it.