part 5

I close my eyes.

When I open them again, I'm still being held up against the wall. I willed myself out of the situation, but to no avail. I was still face to face with the school bully, the collar of my shirt wrapped around his fist as he held me firmly in place against the wall. His other clenched fist was raised and suspended in mid air, half pulled back and ready to be dispensed.

Looking closely, I could see his eyebrows furrowed downward, a thin layer of sweat on his brow. I could see the bandaid on his face that was badly placed, barely even covering the scratch on his cheek now that it was slowly peeling down ward.

I wished that someone would notice.

I'd be happy for anything at this point.

I wished someone would help me.

But the more my eyes frisked from right to left, the less people came by. No one could ever spare a glance in my direction. Worthless.

I couldn't seem to disregard the way the halls felt so narrow, almost like the walls were closing in around me. Almost like someone's hands were wrapped around my lungs, holding them tightly so I couldn't breathe.

That was, until I caught a glimpse of a beautiful pair of eyes, focused right on mine. Eyes darting over to the left, I noticed a girl staring straight at me. It was almost as if the galaxies had been spelled out in her eyes, and for a split second, it was almost like she was the one holding me instead. She was the most beautiful girl I'd ever laid eyes on.

That was until my view quickly became the jet black hair billowing out along her back. She had walked straight past. While this stranger had only stared into my eyes for a half a second, a barely thought through glance thrown my way, it felt like we'd known each other for an eternity.

But I am pulled back into reality. This stranger and I do not know each other, there is no reason for her to help me.

I watch her back as she walks away and the fist is finally driven into my stomach.

And I definitely knew which one hurt more.