part 6

I set down my half empty coffee mug, staring down unenthusiastically as the fluffy milk swirled around the top in a slow, endless circle.

"I'm sure it won't sound crazy, try me." Normani pushed with a small smile on her face from where she sat across me at the table. I took a quick glance outside of the window next to us, watching all the people walk by the cafe, going about their everyday lives.

"Mani, it's like I'm remembering things that have never happened to me." I vocalised the endless spiral rushing around my brain, trying to word it in a way that would make someone who wasn't experiencing what I was understand. "It's like I'm remembering things from someone else's life. But that's the weird part; it has to be my life because all the memories are about Camila." I sighed, trailing off at the end. Surely gushing about all my problems to Normani wouldn't fix anything. It was just like a really bad case of deja vu, it's not like anyone would be able to do anything about it.

Not even me.

"Maybe they're not just dreams, Lauren." The woman across the table finally responded, her words sparking more thoughts that ended up aimlessly floating around in my head as possibilities."

"Okay, now you're the one that sounds crazy." I let out a playful scoff, not sure what she might be trying to get at.

"Well, I don't know, hear me out."