Eighteen

A.N. WARNING: This chapter involves the events that happened in New York on September 11th 2001. If you don't want to read the chapter that's fine.

-----------------------------------

*September 11th 2001, 8:44am*

It was early morning in New York and I decided to go out with a friend of mine, Agent Coulson, or Phil as I call him. He was recruited by Nick not long ago and we immediately got along. He just wanted to learn more about SHIELD and Captain America. He's a bit of a fanboy over Steve. Been a fan since he was a boy he told me. He was also a fan of me growing up and that it is an honour working with me now. Sometimes I wanna put him in my pocket and take him home with me. Bit weird? Alrighty then.

I try and visit Howard and Maria's grave as much as I can but the missions were pileing up. It's a miracle I got nothing today. I've tried to contact Tony but he's now a billionaire who is up his own arse. I feel dissapointed in myself as I promised Howard I would look after him and make sure he did good for the world. He took over Stark Industries not long after Howard died and he's been doing alright so far. I just wish I could see him.

"So we got Agent Mack and Agent Monroe on the guns department and Agent Willow and Agent Scott moving to the martial arts training." Phil explained as we walked down the street of New York with a coffee each. I'm spending today like a day off but I dragged Phil with me as I wanted to go out into New York. I hardly see it anymore and it's changed a lot over the years. A lot has changed. We now have something called the Internet and it is a lifesaver.

"What about Agent Williams?" I asked as he had a list of agent names on a piece of paper. We were rearranging agents and making new adjustments.

"She's on maternity leave remember" He said before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Fair enough. How is she doing anyway?" I asked.

"Fine. She says she's tired though. Wouldn't blame her. You heard from Tony?" I looked down at my coffee and sighed.

"No. Haven't heard from him in 20 years. I'm starting to think he doesn't wanna know me anymore."

"Oh come on of course he does. He's just going through a faze." A faze? Really?

"A faze that lasts 20 or so years? Yeah, nice try Phil." We then walked on before I stopped, seeing something in the sky that confused me.

"What?" Phil asked following my eyesight.

"That planes flying really low" I commented. A plane was flying really low and over where we were. A plane surely shouldn't be that low.

"Yeah it is" Phil said as we followed the plane round so we were now facing where it was going. It looked like it was heading towards the World Trade Centre. The World Trade Centre is two tall buildings. One is the North tower and one is the South. The plane then shockingly crashed into the North Tower making people scream below.

"Oh my god" I whispered scared of what I just witnessed. A plane had just flown into the North Tower. People stood and watched as flames and smoke came from where the plane went in. You could see the shape of the plane in the hole it made. All those people inside that plane, probably dead. "You saw that right?" I asked to Phil pointing towards the North Tower not taking my eyes off of it.

"Oh yeah" My heart was racing and so was my brain. Why in the world would a plane fly into a building like that? An accident maybe? Or done on purpose?

"Get Nick on the line now" I told Phil and he scrambled for his mobile and dialed quickly.

"He's not answering." Phil said to me. God damn it Nick, I need you now!