The battle, the shade range, and the bitch.

Claire's POV
           Everyone in the room stilled, even Atticus's army.
             "Okay everyone-" Valdus starts "we can all handle this maturely, without any bloodshed-" he's then cut off by someone throwing a battle axe at his neck, but he swiftly dodges it. He finds the culprit with his eyes and screams "I'm on your side you maniac!" Veins protrude out of his neck and he turns red. I glance to find the culprit- a grinning boy from Atticus's army.
               "Charming." I mutter while holding back a laugh. He starts to scratch his head in embarrassment, and shrugs slowly.
               I contemplate on doing what I want to do versus what Valdus wants us to do. This wasn't going to end unless I ripped Celmira's throat out and threw it into a black hole- where it belongs.
             Everyone was still quiet. I could tell they were thinking about what the best option would be. To kill or not to kill? To be killed or not to be killed?
               "Oh for gods sake." I mutter under my breath in exhaustion.
                 "I'm not going to be here all day." I say rubbing my hands together and watching as my palms eminate the heat, my fire. My adrenaline rush comes back and I feel that excitement that I always feel when me and my flames unite.
              "Yeah." Celmira chimes in. "I'll make sure of that." She laughs wickedly and starts to shift into her gigantic bat form that she first captured me with. I roll my eyes at her dramatic ness.
                 "You sound like an anime villain." I respond, but she's too busy to reply. Everyone watches as she sprouts large leather skin bag wings that don't look so fragile. Her claws start longating and her eyes turn to slits.
                "Awe you look like a wittle fruit bat." I gush and coo in my baby voice. Atticus lets out a laugh.
              I surprisingly don't feel as afraid as I once did that very first time. This time, I could defend myself. This time, I could make sure that she didn't toss me around like a sack of potatoes.
          Because like Atticus said to me that very day I woke up from meeting the troll-
                "I am the prophecy." I take a step towards her frightening self. "I am the Phoenix to the monster, something to light up his life! No matter how cheesy that sounds... I know what I am here for. My purpose." I state confidently.
               "Or so the prophecy foretold." I send a grin towards Atticus.
              I feel my face begin to stretch my pores, like taffy candy. Strange.
               "Are we going to do this or what?" I say- or, kind of caw, I think?
             Celmira's bat form seems a bit taken by surprise as she takes a step back.
              I feel this warmth spread over my arms as my clothes tear off of my body. The sound of it ripping fills the air. I look at my arms just to see that they've sprouted feathers! Orange feathers that glisten and shine when I turn them in the light- like a scortching golden flame.
                  I was in a form I never knew I could have- Phoenix form. A beak protruding out of my face and my eyes narrowed into slits. I was on fire, and it felt so good.
            "Beautiful, bellisima." Atticus murmured, his eyes glinting crystals of ruby. I couldn't really tell if they were a dark red or not, everything was enhanced. I could now only see in a certain shade range such as orange, red, and a golden yellow.
           This is fucking awesome.
My power was emanating off of me in harsh waves, and I knew that everyone felt it. They were all too scared to move, so I took that as my sign to go. I charged into Celmira's bat form and knocked her on her flat ass. Valdus face palmed as everyone raised their weapons and charged.
The battle had begun, and as of now- there would only be bloodshed. Lots of it.
Celmira hissed and sent her claws pressed deep into my cheek. I let out a scream and lit her wing on fire. Her leather-like skin was hard to burn, but I still saw some progress as it burned. She rolled, extinguishing the flame as she went.

"Dimitri!" She bellowed. A man arose from the shadows. His midnight dark eyes raked up my form. He grinned showing off his fangs. A vampire. But how was he able to come out of the shadows like that? I got my stance ready as I sensed he was about to try to hurt me. Before he could charge, Atticus appeared next to me. He gently touched my wings, and bit his lip.
He sent me a grin that said 'I got this'.

"Hello brother." Atticus greeted. My tail feather just about fell off of me. Shock spread throughout me. Brother? He had a brother? He had siblings? Why didn't he tell me about any of them? Probably because he turned into one of Celmira's bitches. Questions flew through my mind in the speed of light. There was no time to ask them as Atticus took out his fangs and unsheathed his sword.

Dimitri grinned. "Just like the old times aye?" A shaped sword appeared in his hand. Atticus shrugged.

"The only thing is— now you're Celmira's bitch." Atticus said laughing.

That's the same thing I said! I grinned and cawed at Atticus. He blew me a kiss and charged at dimitri. I would've loved to see the way his muscles moved in battle- except now a giant bat was charging at me trying to kill me. I huffed in annoyance. Can't I do anything other than stab her with my beak to death?

Like a whisper to the gods, my question was answered.

Red flame soldiers emerged bowing to me.

My eyes widened at this. Did I really just make a flame soldier? What else could I do?

"At your service your majesty." The five flame soldiers bowed at me.

Holy shit.

*

*

*

*

*

                 Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been writing as much a lot has happened- my dad died, I'm pregnant (good thing) and all I do is spend my time working. But luckily I've been spending any little time that I have for myself writing. Look up my instagram "gleishaa" and catch up with me!!!