48. Coping

Emily has attended a lot of awkward meals in her lifetime, courtesy of the oh so lovely orphanage, but this definitely took the cake

Emily has attended a lot of awkward meals in her lifetime, courtesy of the oh so lovely orphanage, but this definitely took the cake. All seven of them were currently seated around the wooden table of Greta's dining table while giving each other awkward stares. Seven because both you and Yoongi had refused to come out of your rooms after the heated breakup the other day. Now, after everyone knew of the situation thanks to Jin and herself, they were silent. Obviously, nobody knew what to say, especially Taehyung, who hadn't touched his food at all.

"So!," Hoseok clapped loudly, everyone jumping at the sudden noise, and elbowed Namjoon, who was sitting next to him with blank eyes. "How is he?"

"How is who?," Namjoon blinked, asking with a monotonous voice as he glanced at Hoseok questionably.

"Yoongi, I mean," Hoseok squinted his eyes at Namjoon, trying to figure out what was going on in the earth gem bearer's head at this moment. He started slicing his steak and chewed on it slowly, the others hesitating to follow until they eventually did. Taehyung still refused to eat. "Didn't he crash in your room last night?"

"...Right," Namjoon dragged his time tone as he ate slowly. Everyone stared at him in anticipation, Emily, to be specific, being very curious of Yoongi's current state since you refused to tell her anything about it and had decided to sleep off the frustration instead. She understood, really, but she wasn't sure how to help without knowing any details. "Yoongi is... How do I describe him, motionless? He's been wrapped in the blanket ever since I slept to the moment I woke up this morning. I didn't hear him speak either even when I spoke to him, like he turned... mute. I didn't know what to do. I just... left him there."

Again, a silence filled the room, everyone's expressions turning remorseful at Yoongi's condition. Emily, however, made it a point to glance at Taehyung, whose face was void of any emotion. She hated being hypercritical but some of your rants about Taehyung plus the way he acted towards you made her sure that he had somehow contributed to the breakup. Still, there was no evidence to prove it, which would make her look stupid if she claimed it, so the protector decided to seal her lips instead.

Just when Taehyung opened his mouth to say something, Jungkook spoke from across the table. "And Sky?"

"She's in my room," Emily noticed that Jungkook was staring at Taehyung, as if expecting some kind of reaction or reply, but the darkness gem bearer looked away instead. This made the girl think, wondering if they knew something, then she realized that the angel had the ability to read minds. Which meant he knew the main root of the fight. Clearing her throat, she decided to question it later. "Refuses to eat or come out. I'm still going to bring her breakfast. I won't let her starve."

"I don't get it," Jimin sighed and leaned on his chair, which made a slight squeaking sound. He leaned his head on both of his arms as everyone turned to face him. "What happened? Yoongi and Sky were such a happy couple. I don't understand how everything went downhill for them so quickly."