37: this isn't a date.

* I don't think I ever gave the role of Kate to anyone, so I've picked Miley Cyrus. Just know Kate's character IS FICTIONAL, I'm simply using Miley's looks and that's all. When I mention drugs 1) it's not related to Miley in anyway, this was the plot way BEFORE I picked Miley as the physical presentation

!!! UNEDITED, DM OR COMMENT IF THERES A TYPO OR SOMETHING IS WRITTEN WEIRD. I'LL FIX IT !!!!

Harry's POV.

The drive here was agonisingly slow. Every rain drop that hit my windshield and every gust of wind that pushed against the sides of my car, seemed to go on forever. I wish I brought Luna with me, she'd have sang along with the radio like she always does and rested her small hand on my thigh. She always managed to ease my anxiety.

The reason for this unwanted anxiety was because Kate had decided to spontaneously visit my mother, thinking I still lived at home. Little did she know I lived four hours away.

Did I really travel four hours to see Kate? What does that say about me? What will Luna think of me when she discovers why I came back to Holmes Chapel?

My childhood home didn't look the same, it looked dull. I guess when you are younger you can see everything in colour, but now this bricked building is painted in dark memories and shaded in grey. My eyes scanned the front garden, the flowers seemed to wilt and the grass seemed uncared for and untrimmed. Robin used to tend to the nature surrounding my childhood house, never my mother. My mother was more of a cleaning and cooking kind of woman. Not that that's a problem.

With Robin out of the picture the place just seemed messy looking from the outside. I'll have to remember to cut the grass before I decide to leave again; whenever that may be.

Honestly I'm not entirely sure as to why I decided to come to Holmes Chapel. I could have had my mother pass Kate the phone and I would have explained that I didn't want to see her, speak to her and that I no longer live in Manchester anymore. But somehow I found myself eager to meet the woman I loved once upon a time, and hear her out. For whatever reason she chooses to give me, no matter what she says, at the end of the day my heart belongs to someone else; Luna.

I paced back and forth outside my car, then I paced back and forth outside the front door. All I could hear was the thrashing winds whipping through the air around me, and my heart beating manically in my chest as the sound vibrated up into my eardrums.

I felt nervous. For what reason I'm not sure. Maybe it's facing Kate again after so many years or, maybe it's for whatever will happen when Luna discovers my speedy departure. I looked at the doorbell, tilting my head to the side as if waiting for it to ring itself. Do I even ring the doorbell? Maybe I should just walk in... Screw it.

I pushed the door open, closing it softly and brushing the bottoms of my scuffed brown boots against the doormat. My throat felt tight when I looked up, I saw just the back of her but that was enough to make my palms sweat and my heart pound. The last time we saw each other she was spreading rumours about me and told everyone in a restaurant — that I've never been back to since — that I was hitting her.

The roots of her hair were dark brown and the rest was the blonde I remember she would always rock as we grew up. She always hated her natural hair, I happened to really love it. Her skin was milky, couple shades lighter than Luna's, but definitely didn't look as soft as my girlfriends. Maybe I'm biased, but I can't help it. The door shutting was enough to signal my presence, Kate swirled around and I couldn't help but smile. She was gorgeous, even more gorgeous than before. After everything — the things she did, things I said, the hate that laced our love for one another — I couldn't deny my love for her was still evident.