Imagine 12 (Coffee Shop)

You worked your usual early shift in the coffee shop at 6 am. It was great for 2 reasons. The first one being that there were barely ever any customers compared to the later shifts and the second being that you got to see your favorite customer, Rafael, every morning.

Although you two barely spoke to each other and didn't even know anything about him at all besides his name, you still felt yourself falling for him.  You found yourself excited to go to work just to see his charismatic smile when you hand him his large plain black coffee.

You snapped out of your mini daydream when you saw him walk into the shop and up to the counter to order.

"I'll have the usual." He said charmingly.

You couldn't help but smile and blush as you began getting his drink ready.

You were writing his name on the cup when an idea popped into your mind.

'What if I wrote my number on here and told him to call me?' You thought to yourself.

'I mean he's been coming here for almost 6 months now....but what if he thinks I'm creepy?" You thought to yourself again.

There wasn't much time to choose so you decided to take the chance and write your number on the cup.

You nervously scribbled your number onto the cup and added 'Call me :)' next to it.

After handing the drink to Rafael, you smiled and continued on with working.

All during the day you couldn't stop thinking about the possible outcomes.

'He's probably gonna think I'm some type of stalker and never come back.' Your mind kept telling you.

It wasn't until later that night at 9 pm that you got a call from an unrecognized number.

You anxiously picked up the phone and heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, It's Rafael from the coffee shop!"

You silently gasped as you heard his voice on the other end. You had to pinch yourself to make sure this moment was real and not some crazy dream.

"Wow hi! I didn't think you would actually call me....anyways how has your day been so far?" You replied back with

"It was okay but hearing your voice and actually having a conversation with you just made it 100 times better."

You instantly blushed and giggled a bit while continuing to listen.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to meet up tomorrow at the coffee shop? I know you're gonna be working but it's my only free day." Rafael asked.

"I would love to! I'm sure I can figure something out."

-----------Time skip to next morning------------------

The next morning, you woke up and got dressed in something nice instead of your uniform. You told Rafael to meet you there an hour earlier before the shop opened so no customers or other workers could bother you two.

You waited nervously at the coffee shop hoping he would actually show up.

You got up quickly when you heard a knock at the door.

For some reason you were instantly starstruck when you saw his figure in the doorway. His gleaming green eyes and slicked back dark hair was taking over your thoughts.

"Hey (Y/N)." He said while smiling.

You were shocked at the fact that he actually remembered your name from the name tag you wore.

"It's nice to see you in something other than a work uniform."

"Thanks. You look nice too but you're dressed this nicely every day."

"Yeah, I'm the ADA for Manhattan Special Victims Unit. Gotta look nice for court." He said before winking.

'An ADA??' You thought to yourself.

You were shocked when you heard this. You thought he was just a businessman who took his wardrobe a little too serious.

"Wow, an ADA..I didn't know I was talking with someone as high up as you." You said flirtatiously.

He smiled at your compliment and sat down at the table.

"So I'm guessing you want the usual?" You asked while walking behind the counter.

He nodded as you proceeded to make your drinks.

"Are you drinking something as interesting as you (Y/N)?"

You giggled a bit before answering.

"I mean if you consider (Your favorite drink here) interesting then sure." You said sarcastically.

You both continued on with some small talk until the topic of leaving your number on the cup came up.

"So (Y/N), why exactly did you leave your number on my cup?" Rafael asked curiously.

You felt a little embarrassed as he asked this.

Instead of answering, you decided to throw the question back at him.

"Why exactly did you call the number I left on the cup?" You said back playfully.

"I mean I wasn't not  going to call the number of an attractive coffee shop worker." 

"Touché."

You looked at your watch and noticed it was almost time to open the coffee shop.

"Well I guess this concludes our date." Rafael said sadly.

You felt butterflies fill your stomach after he mentioned the word 'date'.

"Date? Does that mean I'm going to get a kiss goodbye before you leave?" You asked Rafael.

"If you insist." He said back teasingly.

Rafael placed his hands on your hips as he kissed your lips.

"I hope to do this again sometime." He said before walking out the door.

"Me too." You whispered to yourself.