Childhood Darlings [Kai Hiwatari]

Modern AU

You ran around the park with your elder brother running around you

You ran around the park with your elder brother running around you. As you ran around you saw a boy with two toned hair dressed in a lavish coat, standing by a wall.
As you stopped there to watch him your brother caught you.
"Come on ___ ride your bike or go home, I can't carry it everywhere while you run around." "Okay... " you said in your 3 year old voice.
"Now if you need your brother, I am sitting by the tree." (B/N) put a cap on you and went his way. While you cycled round the park you saw the mysterious boy again. He also had a cycle with him. But he wasn't cycling.
"Hey...who are you, I'm ___?" You asked offering your hand.
"...Kai...." The boy said looking faraway
"Why aren't you cycling?" you asked again, curiously.
He looked at you, bored then mumbled, "I don't wanna cycle... I can't cycle."
You tilted your head in a doll like a fashion. "Oh... My brother can teach you. Come." You happily pulled the boy and ran towards the area your brother had directed you too. "Ew...(b/n)! Yuck he is doing gross." You suddenly stopped and pinched your nose in disgust. Your brother was sitting with a brunette and kissing her.
"I'm not gonna learn from him..." Kai said pointing your brother.
"Oh...so do you want me to help you?" He looked at you thoughtfully before nodding slowly as if he was unsure.

Almost 20 minutes had passed. It was getting dark and for almost the hundredth time Kai was flat on the ground.
"Ha ha ha..." You giggled as he sat on the ground. His bangs were covering his face and he didn't reply this time. Suddenly his small frame shook. "Uh..." You bent down to see he was crying.
"Kai? D-don't c...cry? Shall I call {b/n}? You asked worriedly. "N...no... It's just a cut..." He murmured wiping the small droplets of blood that had oozed.
"Oh but...you must need a bandaid?" You quickly pulled out your ribbon and tied it around his elbow in something resembling a knot!
"Thank you... I guess I will go now..." You finally took your leave. Not because your bro was calling you but because you didn't know if Kai was mad at you.
"B-bye...uh ___ will you come back... Will you come back tomorrow?" Kai asked getting up from the dirt.
"Yes."
"Meet me, 'kay?"

9 years later

"Come on ___... cut the cake now. Kai could be late. He'll come eventually." Your mother tried to persuade you as you continued to cry.
"No mommy. Kai is my best friend. He promised me he would come... Can't we wait for just 10 more minutes."
"Buy sweety... Uh... Hey {b/n}... did you see Kai somewhere around?"
"No mom... He was there when ___ gave her the card about 7 days back but since then I haven't seen him."
You quickly put on your shoes and ran from your house. It was snowing outside and your hair were slowly getting covered in snow as you ran to the park you both had played for several years in. The park was completely deserted.
You assembled your pink birthday dress and sat on one of the swings. It was your 13th birthday and here you were sitting on a snowy swing. After sitting there for almost an hour a pair of feet sounded near you. You just ignored the person who quietly sat beside you in the snow.
"You're finally here huh?" You asked still swinging easily.
"I'm leaving ___..." he said gravely.
"You always do. You always leave for your grandpa's abbey in winters. I know..." You finally looked up in his eyes when you understood his meaning. He won't be coming back this time.

"I'm leaving for Japan ___. For once and for all I want to go away from the abbey and Boris." He said gazing somewhere far away.
"So this ends here huh... Now I won't be waiting for you at the airport every winter end. We'll become strangers... And all." You asked getting up.
"Yea...sorta." He said the truth. He didn't give any false hopes like you can call me all times or stuff.
"I understand. Okay good bye Kai...." You turned on your heel and were about to wipe your eyes when he pulled you back.
"What..." You were silenced by his lips.
"I love you ___. I couldn't leave without telling you this....and I didn't forget your birthday."
"Kai...I love you too." You said pulling him in a hug.
"I'll miss you Kai." You replied snuggling him in your arms.
"I don't know if you'll continue to love me without meeting me for years but I'll accept if you find someone else." Kai said finally leaving you.
"Never. I'll wait for you, Kai."
"Happy Birthday and bye ___...meet me 'kay..." Kai ruffled your hair before taking a step away from you.
As you looked at his retreating back you promised yourself you'll wait for him.
Yes you were going to meet him sometime in future definitely.

Shit! Horribly short. Well whatever make sure you vote me and share it.
Word Count- 882 words.