03. Damn...The Weekend.

Narrator's POV

Narrator's POV

The weekend had finally approached and Jah couldn't be happier. However, he was stressing about his next move. He couldn't spend the rest of the summer working at Thomas Jefferson for $12 an hour. Granted, he still had some money stashed from his street days but that was surely slipping away due to the rent he kicked out for his apartment every month. Not to mention, he had car payments too. He usually kept himself together when he was under stress but this was slowly taking a toll on him.

"Damn, yo." He mumbled, shaking his head as he threw the basketball at the hoop, missing the shot again. Usually, when Jah was under stress he came to the basketball court near his job to blow off some steam. That and a few blunts of course, which he'd already had before he got here. His mind was wandering and he just had to clear his head.

(Kareem 'Reem' Carter)

"Yo, yo, yo!" Reem called as he entered the fence of the park with Tez following behind him.

"Jah! My nigga!" Tez greeted as they made it over to him, Reem catching the rebound as the ball bounced from the rim back onto the ground. " You rusty boy, what's up?" Reem asked, already knowing by Jah's posture that something was wrong. Tez too. They've known Jah all his life so they could tell when something was bothering him. And even if they couldn't, his thick furrowed eyebrows and the mug on his face gave him up easily.

"Stressed over this money shit, forreal. I'ma be done with probation in two months, I'm not tryna be looking forward to nothing. I need fast money." Jah huffed as he pulled his shorts up and walked over to the bench to sit. Tez and Reem followed, keeping the ball in motion, passing it around. "Fast money? Jah, I know you ain't thinking about hustling nigga when we got opportunities for you." Reem said in disapproval. Tez shook his head and looked at Jah. "Right. I told you we hiring at my job. Ain't shit to push a forklift, pick up tiles and put them down." Tez joined. "Y'all already know I'm not with that shit. I need my own hustle, I'm not clocking in." Jah stressed. His stubborn ass.