Shiner

Hailey's POV

I woke up much the same as I had for the past two weeks, the warm breeze blowing in from the open patio window, and Harry's arms wrapped around me while his breath wafted over the skin of my shoulder. If I was honest, I'd been lucky enough to wake up like that almost every day for the past couple of months, and I suddenly realized how much I loved it.

I don't know whether it was everything that he'd done for me and my birthday the last couple of weeks, or the way he'd so fiercely protected me after my birthday dinner, or just the general connection I felt to him, but I felt closer to Harry somehow. It was almost as if I'd had some sort of confirmation that whatever I felt for him was real and justified, and that he really was as amazing as I thought he was. I'd been trying not to think about the fact that he'd be leaving in two weeks, or that I'd have to wake up without him every morning, but the reality of it was becoming harsher with every passing second.

I let out a soft sigh as I stared out at the ocean, grabbing Harry's hand and lacing our fingers together as I felt him stir behind me. A few seconds later, I felt him shift and press his lips to the back of my shoulder, leaning up to rest his head on mine before he kissed my cheek.

"Good morning." He said groggily, his deep gravely morning voice laced with sleep.

I shifted in his arms, turning to face him as he smiled sleepily at me, resting his head back on the pillow as he looked at me.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Hi." He grinned lazily.

I closed my eyes as he leaned forward and kissed the tip of my nose, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to him as I rested my cheek on his chest.

"I don't wanna go home." I sighed, knowing in a few short hours we'd be back on a plane to Lily Ridge.

"Yes you do." He chuckled. "You can't stay here, you'd miss the mountains too much."

"Well maybe not stay here forever, just a while longer." I smiled, knowing he was right.

"We can come back. Maybe we'll make it a yearly thing or something."

There was a soft knock on the door, and Harry yelled for whoever it was to come in. A few seconds later, my brother hesitantly poked his head in, obviously making sure he wasn't about to witness anything he didn't want to. He was barely looking at us as he began to speak, and Harry and I just looked at each other and laughed.

"Mornin." He smiled. "We're just gathering up the kids and stuff, wanted to check what time we have to leave?"

Before we could answer, Cash came scurrying in and ran right over to the side of the bed where Harry immediately scooped him up and brought him into bed with us.

"Hi!" He beamed at Harry, who just chuckled.

He then shifted his eyes to me and I watched his little face drop before he reached his small hand up and placed it to the side of my face.

"Auntie, you're hurt." He said, worry clear in his voice as I realized there must be more bruising to my face than I thought.

"I'm okay, buddy. Just a few bumps." I said softly as Harry kissed my forehead.

Ryan immediately stepped into the room, coming over to the bed to get a look at me as I tried to sit up. I was definitely stiff, and groaned a little as I moved, but Harry sat up next to me and I leaned against him while my brother looked me over.

"Jesus, Bug." He sighed as he gently took my chin between his fingers and turned my head to the side. "How's the other guy?"

"Is it that bad?" I asked as I looked up at Harry, who had obviously been trying not to upset me as the guilt appeared in his eyes.