•31- The Walls Fall Down•

The next morning I wake up with a huge headache, probably from sleeping on the bathroom floor. Last night I was doubting my mate a little bit; his tone was off putting. He is very possessive, but I don't know if he really wants to love me. I already know I love him, it's not like I can suddenly stop myself!

A knock on the door snapped me out of my trance, "Lillian, you awake?" Ace asks in semi-sleepy voice. I bite my lip, debating if I want to answer him.

In the end, my wolf won me over, "Yeah," I say in a quiet voice, my head resting on my hand. My eyes were half closed as I stared off into the nothingness of the bathroom.

I hear Ace shuffle around a bit, "My wolf is being restless, he wants to cuddle you," he straight up tells me. I blush lightly as my wolf agreed with Ace. I sight and get up, unlocking the door to see Ace with bags under his eyes. I get on my tippy toes and peck his lips. I still love him.

He smiled for a moment and then picks me up to lay me on the bed, soon after hopping in with me. He wraps our two bodies in a warm blanket since the room felt a bit chilly, to me, I wasn't sure about him, he wasn't shivering.

Ace runs his fingers through my hair, "Good girl," he inhales my scent and falls asleep within a minute. I smile, closing my eyes, only to not fall asleep for the new couple hours.

After a couple hours of staring aimlessly at the dirty wall, Ace wakes up and stays silent for a bit. I could feel his heart beat pick up.

"Sleep good?" I ask him in a monotone voice. I still felt conflicted on what he felt about me. I'm just not sure, and until I figure that out, I don't know what to do!

He yawns, "Mhm, very. Another fun night would've made it better," I could practically hear him smirk. I roll my eyes, pulling away from his cuddling grip.

"Let's not do that for a bit," I tell him honestly. I could feel his wolf tense up. Before he could ask why, I decided to just answer it, "You're too possessive, I think a little distance will be good. You deserve a break," I smile, but Ace didn't.

"What?" Ace shouts, getting up from the bed now fully awake. "No! We don't need distance," he frantically tells me. I turn around and look into his eyes to see anger, as well as worry. How could he feel both at the same time?

I look away, feeling uncomfortable, "No Ace. I don't feel like you want to love me. You even said it yourself," I remind him of last night. He better not have forgotten, sure as hell I didn't.

All these emotions were mixing up and I don't know what to feel. I just want to break down and cry, because I feel like a nothing.

Ace growls, "If you must know, I can't love. I don't feel love, but I do feel need. The need to keep you and your mate bond close to me. To keep you loving me even though I can't love you back. You don't have to understand it, but just acknowledge it." He calms down and crosses his arms.

My mouth opens slightly, I felt ignorant. I'm not sure if it's possible not to feel love, but I don't know his past. I don't know what he's been through that's made him so possessive and offsetting. I guess that being possessive is his way of showing love, and I just can't realize it. But now, now I realize it.

I walk over to Ace and wrap my arms around his waist, hugging him. He undoes his arms and hugs me back, "Do you still doubt me Lillian?" he asks, swinging our bodies a bit.

I ask myself that a few times, not exactly knowing. "Nope," I sing. I didn't completely doubt him, but I wasn't one hundred percent sure. I wanted reassure him though, I didn't want to argue with my mate so soon. Preferably never, but there's always something.

"Good," Ace replies, kissing me roughly. My eyes widen for a moment, out of shock, before I close them, kissing him back. He held onto the upper part of my arm tightly, like he didn't want to ever let go. He loosens his grip as he pulls away to kiss my cheek once, "And good," he adds.

"Yeah," I laugh, "so what's the plans for today, or do you have work?" I ask him. I hope he doesn't have work, I wanted us to go spend time together doing something. It didn't have to include money, like a walk in the park.

Ace lets out a defeated sigh, "I have work Lillian, you should know this." I frown, nodding as I sit on the bed. Today was going to be another lonely day. All by myself. Doing nothing once again.

I feel the bed dip beside me, an arm wraps around my waist, "Sorry, we can doing something this weekend." I shrug, not feeling it anymore. I just pulled a mood swing, but you can't blame me. I have a mate bond with somebody who can't even love me.

I get up and speed walk to the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind me. I close my eyes as I lean against the door, silently panicking. I know I'm overreacting, but my body was going on itself. I slide down the door, breathing heavily.

"Lillian," Ace knocks on the door, worry in his voice. I don't reply, my vocal cords felt like they were shredded. "Lillian open this god damn door right now," he shouts, pounding on the door.

I bite my lip hard enough that it drew blood. I know what's going on, I was having a panic attack, over the dumbest thing. Not like I could prevent it, it just had to happen and then it would end.

Tears start dripping down my cheek as I feel my vision get hazy. "I will fucking kick this door down if you don't open it!" Ace says at the top of his lungs, loud and clear. I don't reply again and I feel the door topple onto of my head and back. I let out a cry, feeling Ace's weight above me.

He quickly realizes and gets off the door, taking it off me. "He rushes over to me and holds me tight, "What's wrong?" he asks, taking a piece of hair out of my face. I shake my head, the tears still flowing as I tried to wipe them away. "Don't lie to me Lillian. I'll spend the next couple days with you, don't cry," he bribes my tears.

"You have work," I stutter, being able to hardly understand myself. My brain flashes with unfamiliar scenes, one being of a girl oddly wrapped in chains on the ground. I shake my head, believing they're all just a bunch of illusions.

•••

Heyo, hope you like it, seems like Lillian is getting some of those memories back. And what's up with Ace? Actually saying sorry, damn. ALSO, 200k reads *heart attack* THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH SKSJFNSBDNEN

Comment: Sadist or Masochist?
I'm a masochist.

Spirit week: Character day: (Forgot to take a pic in the mirror and my makeup faded ;-; I'm trying to get my friend to send me a better one she has, IF ONLY SHE WOULD REPLY)