24.

I sat in Optimus's alt-mode as we made our way out of Chicago, now finding ourselves on a large highway somewhere outside of the city. My gaze was turned to the scenery outside the window, vibrant green grass and trees passed by in a blur. "I found out what happened to your friends..." I trailed off, my voice shaking slightly at the mention of them. I was still deeply upset about what had happened back at KSI, more upset for the Autobots than myself. "I know Y/n, you don't need to talk about it if you don't want to" he informed me, the seat belt tightening around my waist comfortingly. I smiled softly and nodded, letting a breathless laugh escape my lips as I wiped a few tears from my eyes. "I'm so sorry..." I told him, nursing my sore hand as I held back more tears. The seat belt only tightened "You don't need to be, none of this is your fault" he replied, as I nodded my head slowly. 

I shifted my eyes towards the windscreen and saw a large truck and a familiar crimson car on the other side of the highway. The truck suddenly transformed and crashed into a small truck, before slicing a red car in half. The crimson car I recognised, but the truck I didn't. It was Stinger, and possibly another prototype from KSI. "Uh oh" I mumbled to myself as the unfamiliar truck launched five missiles straight towards us. Optimus swerved as the missiles hit the road just in front of us, sending small rocks and dust everywhere. I shrieked in surprise and ducked down in my seat, before looking up and seeing Stinger's alt-mode chase after Bumblebee as he turned and made his way back down the highway. Optimus followed closely behind the yellow mech and took the lead, just as Crosshairs, Drift and Hound joined back up. I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw that both Stinger and the mysterious truck fired more missiles towards us. All of them missed and flew into the cars and trucks in front of us, causing them all to crash and block our escape under a bridge. However, Optimus sped up making my eyes widen "Optimus, what are you doing!? Stop!" I shouted, but it was too late. The Prime transformed around me and I was suddenly thrown into the air, faintly seeing Bumblebee do the same and throw Cade, Tessa and Shane into the air as well. I felt Optimus's servo wrap around my waist as he caught Tessa in the other, shielding us as he crashed through the trailer of a truck before Bumblebee threw Cade and Shane towards him. 

Optimus caught all four of us and transformed, landing back on the road with a loud thud. I was respectfully placed back in the drivers seat, with Cade in the passengers and both Tessa and Shane sitting in the back. "Well, nice of you to drop in..." I joked, lightening up the mood slightly as the three of them released a breathless laugh. We continued on, with Shane sticking head out of the window quickly before bringing it back in "Galvatron's still following us!" He shouted, looking over to Cade. "Wait, who's Galvatron?" I asked, to which Cade looked over to me "Galvatron is one of KSI's prototypes, he's modelled after someone called Megatron" he told me, before turning back to look at Optimus's dashboard. "Come on Optimus!" Cade shouted, ushering the mech to drive faster. Suddenly, more missiles flew and landed around us, sending up more rocks and dust everywhere. Cade opened his door, and jumped out onto the grass alongside the highway, with Shane not too far behind him. A missile had hit Optimus's side and caused him to transform, holding both Tessa and I in his grip as he slid across the road. He dropped us and eventually got himself into a crouching position, whilst Tessa and I eventually rolled to a stop in front of a small white car. 

"Y/N! TESSA!" Cade called out to us, as both Optimus and Galvatron began to fight. The fight was getting closer towards us, and both Tessa and I had nowhere to go except backwards. We backed into the front of the white car from earlier just as Optimus pinned Galvatron to the ground in front of us. Tessa was completely freaking out, flailing around in shock and fear "Y/n! Tessa!" Cade shouted once more "Run to the field!". I nodded my head and grabbed Tessa's arm "Come on! We have to move!" I shouted over the sound of fighting, the sound of metal hitting metal making my chest clench in pain. We both began to run towards the large grassy field beside the highway, when I stopped and turned my gaze toward Optimus. He seemed to be winning the fight, that was until Galvatron kicked him harshly sending the Prime flying over in our direction. Without a sudden thought, I pushed Tessa forcefully towards the field, shoving her out of the way just in time as Optimus landed on the ground beside me, the sudden impact shaking the ground and causing me to fall. 

I let out a small shriek as Galvatron quickly dashed over, roundhouse kicking Optimus as the Prime stabbed his sword through the whole in Galvatron's chest. "You have no soul!" Optimus shouted, shoving the sword deeper to inflict more damage. But his sword only disintegrated, the hot orange glowing metal spewing out from the other side and onto the road "That is why I have no fear!" Galvatron retaliated, completely shredding the sword into pieces. "You die!" he continued, throwing himself and Optimus to the ground just over my head. The fight continued on around me, as I was sprayed with dirt and dust as I tried to get away from the two battling transformers, only to become more tangled within the mess. Suddenly the sound of a missile flying through the air caught ,y attention, as I lifted my head to see the silver projectile fly straight towards Optimus's chestplate, tearing through it and removing some of the armour just missing his spark. 

"NOOO!" I shouted, watching as Optimus stumbled slightly but regained his balance. The sound of engines humming caused me to turn my head to look down the highway, and that was when my stomach dropped. A large ship hovered just above the ground, giving off a menacing aura as it flew steadily behind a a pillar of black smoke from an exploded car. Through the black smoke, another transformer appeared, and I recognised him immediately. It was the same Decepticon that had killed Lucas, and the one that had been hunting down all of the Transformers...including Optimus. 

It was Lockdown. 

A shaky breath escaped my lips as he advanced, a harsh glare settling on my face as I watched Galvatron retreat. I then turned back to look at the matte black Decepticon, who's face suddenly transformed into a large gun, somewhat looking like a sniper rifle. A single shot was fired from the weapon, and it flew straight towards Optimus once again. It tore through his chest plating and knocked him to the ground with a loud clang.