2.6

"Dani! Dani, I really need to talk to you!" Luke chased after me, struggling to follow me as I maneuvered my way down the crowded hallway.

"I need to catch the bus." I glanced behind me at Luke, who hadn't left me alone for almost the whole day.

"It's important!" Luke yelled.

"You always pick really inconvenient times to tell me things like this!" I groaned. It seemed like Luke always decided that we needed to talk right when I had somewhere to be, or someone else to talk to.

"I've been trying to talk to you about this for the longest time!" Luke huffed. When we reached the front of the school I stopped walking and turned around to face Luke, figuring that I had a few seconds to spare for him to tell me whatever it was that was so important.

"What is it?" I sighed.

"I can't tell you here." Luke shook his head, his eyes darting from person to person as they passed by us.

"Then why are you making such a big deal about talking to me about it?" I questioned, letting out another groan. "Can't you just call me later tonight or something?"

"No, I want to talk about it in person." Luke said, looking around again.

"Then I really don't know what to tell you." I sighed. I anxiously tapped my foot against the ground as I waited for Luke to just give up and leave. It was the last day of school before our winter break, and I was eager to get home and do nothing for the next two weeks.

"See, if you weren't so busy running of with Michael all the - " I cut Luke off, not believing what he had just said.

"Michael?"

"Yes, Michael. I've seen you sneaking around with him. You're lucky that Ashton hasn't, or he'd want to kill both of you." Luke scoffed. I backed away from him, not understanding how he would know this. The only times I've ever talked to Michael in public was when we were completely alone, I made sure of it.

"S-Sneaking around?" I stammered, shaking my head again.

"I saw him taking you into that janitors closest that one day, and whenever you walk with me to math class we pass by Michael and he winks at you." Luke explained. I mentally slapped myself in the face, of course my friendship with Michael wasn't just going to go unnoticed, someone was going to find out eventually.

"Well, we're kind of friends. He lives with Ashton, we've hung out a few times." I shrugged, trying to play it off. I didn't think it was going to work, Luke was way to smart to just brush something like this off. Luckily I had known Luke for a while, and I knew that he wasn't the type of person to go and tell Ashton about it.

"Are you cheating on Ashton with him?" Luke asked, "Are you and Michael secretly hooking up?"

"Didn't you have something you wanted to say?" I almost yelled, trying to ignore Luke's questions. I was not cheating on Ashton and I wasn't planning on secretly hooking up with Michael either, I would never do something like that to Ashton.

"Dammit Dani, I told you I can't do it here!" Luke yelled, stomping his foot on the ground.

"Then call me after Christmas!" I shouted, finally turning away from him and heading towards my bus. I was fed up with Luke accusing me like that, after bothering me for the longest time about having something important to say and then not saying it. I knew that it was going to be about Brooke anyway, it wasn't even a big deal.

Thankfully I made it to the bus before it left, and Ashton was saving me a seat. The bus was unusually crowded today, since we were all getting off for our break and everyone was taking it. I sighed as I sat down next to Ashton, still frustrated about the conversation I had with Luke just minutes before.