CLAP!

He could smell the moss, the fresh flowers and the bark of trees. A warm light took over his body, carrying him away in the soft arms of surrender. He opened his eyes and he could see the orange rays of the sun. His eyes looked for the sunlight, quaffing it. He missed the sun after staying into the darkness for so long.

He stood up and looked around. He saw thousands of eyes watching him. All the Fae People gathered around the orb that was no longer there. The magical wall was also gone.

Ferry could finally reach his friends. They, too, were shaken and dizzy, but fine. They dusted off, laughed and hugged each other. The threads on their feet were gone. And Izzy, though injured, seemed to feel better, a sign that Rosemary's remedies were working.

They weren't safe, though. Not yet. It was dawn already, and that meant the Summer's Eve Feast had come to an end. And that the door between worlds was now closed.

Matilda ran to him, letting go of her mother's hand. She hugged him, then held his hand.

"Whatever happens", she said, "don't let go of my hand." By the tightness of her hand, he could tell she was serious.

He then felt somebody touching his forehead with cold, icy fingers. He looked up and saw Lavender smiling at him. The Guardians also joined them, studying him to see whether he was hurt. He let everyone know he was fine. Danny shook his hand and told him he had never seen anyone acting so bravely. And that he was going to let everyone know once they were home. If they were ever to get home, that was.

Ferry was also proud of himself. He could fly. He could really fly. He had help, indeed. Without the Moon's Tear and the Spear of Justice, he couldn't have made it. He wondered where the magical weapon had vanished.

But everyone's joy faded quickly. Small, evil fairy eyes watched them from all over.

"Where is our Queen?" asked a gnome dressed in an orange cardigan with green buttons that could hardly fit his big, round belly.

Ferry looked around. The Wandering Fays gathered together, shivering. Mamma Leena tried to calm down Poppy who sobbed in Oona's lap. The Guards and Doruh searched for something. But Alwyn was nowhere to be found. But even worse, so was the Queen.

Yet, there was someone else with them. A small creature, stunted where the Orb once was. Doruh headed towards her with big steps and he uncovered the face of the creature. It was a fairy. An old fairy. The oldest anyone in fairyland had ever seen. No one, not even the oldest fairies in Tenalach, didn't remember seeing someone so old.

 No one, not even the oldest fairies in Tenalach, didn't remember seeing someone so old

Doruh helped her stand. Folds of her dress, too big and heavy for her frail body, fell in dusty layers on the ground; just like her white, hemp-like hair, covering her body like a cloak of tangled locks. Now they could see her face. It was yellow in color, crossed by hundreds of wrinkles like an old paper that could turn to dust at the smallest touch. The hand upholding Doruh's arm was so white and the skin so thin, that every bone could be seen perfectly. A beam of light fell on her face. Ant the sun shone on her forehead, engraved into the skin like a golden tattoo.