SIXTEEN

Sixteen | I'll make a deal with you

"You know," Clint said as he turned towards me. "We haven't trained together for a while now. How about we do that tomorrow?"

It was early the next morning. I was sitting in a computer chair next to Clint as he worked on finding Natasha or Ultron. It seemed like the only thing any of us did these last couple of days.

I nodded, more than eager to train with him. The very idea made me relax slightly. After my conversation with Wanda the previous day, the only thing I could think about was how I was going to apologize to her brother. This wasn't something I was good at. Dealing with feelings was not my strong point. There were times when I wondered why I was even trying to go through with this.

"You seem really eager about it," Clint said picking up on my mood. "What's up?"

"I just need to clear my head," I answered.

Clint nodded, knowing when not to prod. The hours passed quickly and by the time evening came, I was sitting in the party room. I was bent over slightly, staring down at the palms of my hand where I could make out the crescent shaped scars. The very sight of them made me gulp, knowing exactly how vulnerable I was at the time.

"Wanda told me you wanted to talk?" said a voice from the doorway, causing me to turn around. I stood up, closing my hands into fists and hid them behind my back. I knew I was being paranoid, but right now wasn't the time to deal with that.

Pietro stood just barely inside the room. He didn't look like he wanted to be here. That usual smirk on his face was gone. It only made me want to get this over with sooner.

"I just wanted to apologize for the way I talked to you the other day," I started. "I'm just dealing with some stuff right now, but that doesn't mean I should have said those things to you anyway."

Pietro said absolutely nothing, but he did take a step into the room, folding his arms over his chest.

"I was mad at you, and your sister, because you worked for Ultron and HYDRA before that and I know you had reasons for doing that and I do understand some of it," the words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them. "So, I'm sorry."

I took in a deep breath as I waited for him to say something but Pietro just watched me with a scrutinising gaze that made me feel uncomfortable.

"I have a feeling you're doing that on purpose, so if you don't answer, I'm just going to leave," I said, breaking the silence that hung in the air.

That hard look on Pietro's face washed away, replaced by a small smile. "My sister forgave you, so I should too."

I opened my mouth to thank him but he held up a hand, stopping me before I could utter a single word.

"On one condition," he said.

I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to tell me his 'condition'.

"You have to train me," he said, "and by train I mean actually teach me how to fight. Not use me as your punching bag."

"I have a feeling I have to apologize for that too."

"Yes, you do."

"You are a really annoying person. You know that?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest, a small smile creeping on to my lips as well.

"You aren't the first person to mention that," Pietro said, his signature smirk returning to his lips.

I shook my head, not knowing whether I should laugh or get annoyed. Pietro used his speed to cross the room quickly and was standing in front of me in less than a second.

He held out his hand, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Deal?"

I took his hand and shook it. "Deal."

✳✳✳

I think I need to make a chapter specifically for apologies because that seems to be the only thing I'm doing lately. Anyway, I'm sorry for the late update. I've had a stressful few weeks and I'm just getting back to writing again.

So, this chapter was a little rocky and awkward but, they are friends now. No, not really but... You know, it's better than one being the 'punching bag'. So I'm working on getting Clarke character right, which is so much harder than it sounds.

Just a little hint, you guys are going to love the next couple of chapter!!! I can't wait to write them!

As usual, please consider giving a vote or leaving a comment to let me know what you think! (My autocorrect actually predicted that!)
Thanks for reading!