|18|

We live by the sun, 

We feel by the Moon. 

***

Awful.

Horrible.

I would title the painting 'burst lung' and show splatters of red, dripping along the canvas.

Or maybe just title it a simple 'death' and create the small colorful blurs I'm seeing in my vision right now.

Because that's how I feel.

"I....can't....go....on....." I'm barely able to gasp out the sentence.

My side hurts.

I didn't know what they meant when they said, 'stitch in my side'. Now I do.

"Come on Lexie," Jay is very patient. But even his patience is running thin with me.

I pushed it just by the fact that he had to tell me three times to get the wheels out of my shoes before I could even start running.

He was appalled at even the sight of them.

"This is just an excuse to walk less," I look at him, not able to argue because it was true. The sad shake in his head said it all.

Now I stood before him, legs trembling and eyes watery with tears. My head felt very fuzzy.

"Lexie why don-,"

Before he can say a word I'm throwing up.

There's not much to throw up so it burns my throat as my body rejects the food.

I hear Jay sigh.

Then I hear another voice.

"Why don't you come in and call it done for today?"

Daisy. Atlas's mom.

"Daisy, we've only been out here for an hour."

"Jay, the girl is barely able to stand. Come inside."

There is a commanding tone in the voice that has me looking up at the woman.

Her blue eyes are flashing to Jay. A silent fight is occurring between them. In the end, Jay sighs and walks away, "Come on Lexie. Why don't you cool off inside?" His voice sounds defeated. I almost want to smile at how easily this male gave into his female.

Daisy softy walks up to me, taking my arm and leading me up the steps.

"Sorry about that. They just don't know when to stop sometimes."

I nod, not able to talk at the moment with the burning sensation still in my throat.

Going inside I almost gasp at how clean it is.

It looks like there is not a speck of dust.

Everything is meticulously cleaned.

I've never seen a house like it.

Daisy leads me more inside, before placing me at a table.

She leaves and returns with a tall glass of water.

I eagerly drink it, gulping it down in giant sips, but the glass is taken away from me.

Jay glares down at me, "You'll get cramps."

I gasp, reaching for the water but he pulls it back, still glaring.

"Honestly, what did your pack teach you."