Chapter Twenty

My eyes shot open Sunday night, only to reveal more darkness infront of me. I gasped a little, wondering why it wasn't morning yet. I was for sure I fell asleep hours ago... why is it still pitch dark? I felt around me, hoping to feel the soft sheets below me or Brooke beside me. The funny thing was, there were no sheets below me and no Brooke beside me. Infact, I couldn't even see the moon or bright city lights from out the window. There wasn't even a window beside me... or even a bed to lay on. I was sitting up, my back against a cold metal wall, and everything was absolutely silent.

"What the hell...?" I breathed, looking around. I tried to search for any source of light, but I could see none. I grew confused and worried, wondering where the hell I was.

It was Sunday night... I had dropped my mother off at the airport, did my homework, and went to bed. That's all I did today. How did I manage to get here? Where even am I? the last thing I remember was falling asleep. I was alone... but I fell asleep. I remember that I did, so how the hell did I get here? I didn't wake up before this and just leisurely walk out and sit down wherever I was...did I?

Well...unless I'm dreaming.

"Shit." I muttered. I'm dreaming; I have to be.

I sat back and looked around again, feeling the muscles in my stomach start to churn. If this was a dream, then I'm scared. If it wasn't, then I'm still scared. I'm scared no matter what, and I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I watched the blackness out infront of me, waiting and anticipating the moment something terrifying pops out or I start to hear voices or I'm jolted back to concsiousness by my own cowardly self. I shut my eyes and vigorously shook my head, trying to wake myself up. But I couldn't. From the numerous and countless nights that I have dreamt about the unknown, I could never get myself to wake up manually. I had to wait and wait; for something to make me scream so loud that I wake up and start to cry. Just like everytime, I'll probably just cry like a little bitch.

"You are a little bitch." a voice said. My eyes widened and glanced around, but of course I saw nothing. Absolutely no one else was here, and I was alone.

"W-what?" I stammered, still looking around to find something; anything.

"I said you're a little bitch," the voice said again. "A coward, if you will."

I sat back and stared off, trying not to freak out. I couldn't tell if the voice I was hearing was from outside my mind, or straight from it. It sounded so familiar....

"No I'm...I'm not." I squeaked in defense. The voice laughed.

"You're so stupid, Ashton," it mocked. "You say you're not stupid but you really are an idiot."

"What's going on?" I shrunk back, still looking around. Was there someone talking to me? Was someone messing with me? Who was this voice? "Who are you?"

"The only sence you have left in you." the voice said back. My heart began to pound and my hands started to sweat. I wanted to get up and run away, but I couldn't. My feet wouldn't move. I can't just run away like I always do; I felt trapped and I didn't know what to do besides stare with my eyes wide, and my fear filling every ounce of my veins.

"Wh-what is this?" I whimpered. I have to be dreaming...this is ridiculous.

"Oh. You think you're dreaming?" the voice taunted. I looked down and thought about it's words. Was I dreaming? Was I actually asleep, and this was all just a figment of my imagination?

"Yes," I said awkwardly. "I have to be. This...this is impossible."

"Exactly," the voice laughed. "But are you dreaming?"