chapter 01 • beginning

johnny POV ;

I opened the doors of pure torture and the first people I see are the jocks, more of the jerks. I wish I hadn't have looked at them, now they're looking at me.

"hey Orlando!" said Hayden

We used to be such great friends, what happened?

"Still have a crush on the dead Ziegler?" he said

I immediately walked away and ignored him. I went to check on Lauren because it's her first day in high school.

She was just setting her stuff. It was her Homeroom period.

The bell rang, and everyone ran to their classrooms. I on the other hand, got tripped by Mark. I was on the floor and I heard he and his gang giggling. Our guidance counselor, Mr. Cooper, saw me on the floor.

"Get to class, clumsy." he said

"Sorry Mr. Cooper, someone tripped me." I said

"Just get to class." he said

I walk to my classroom, and our first period is Math. The problem is Mark is in my class.

I went to my desk, and Ms. Waal had already scold me. I made an excuse since I had to talk to Mr. Cooper. Good thing it worked, Ms. Waal is one of the strictest teachers.

I looked at all the desks, I saw Mark, giving me a glare. Then I looked again, looking at Kenzie's desk. I stared. Ms. Waal snapped at me and gave me a bunch of boring Math questions. Luckily, I answered all of them correctly.

fast forward >>

Lunch time, great. This is the time where the 'Jock Jerks' constantly irritate me.

"Orlando!" he shouted

I was on the other side of the cafeteria, so everyone could hear him shout my name. I sure hope Lauren doesn't go through this.

He comes to me by running on the tables, stepping people's food.

I try to ignore him, but he keeps on following me. I get annoyed so I reply.

"What do you want?" I say

"I would like to give you one of my specialties, the knuckle sandwich." he said

He punched me until my nose began to bleed, Mr. Cooper comes in and sees him punching me.

"What are you doing?!" he asked angrily

"Both Of you in my office after dismissal. Orlando, go to the clinic." he said

Mark glared at me again, giving me the look 'this isn't over.'

I headed to the clinic, they bandaged up my scars and nose. It actually didn't hurt as much as I thought. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. There's technically no reason at all to punch me, but I get this since he's a jerk.

fast forward >>

I headed to Mr. Cooper's office, good thing I didn't see Mark on the way.  I sat on the chairs in front of Mr. Cooper's desk and waited for Mark. He arrived.

"Okay you two, let's get this straight." he said

"Why was Johnny bleeding in the cafeteria earlier, Mark?" he asked

"Ummm, I was helping him carry his cafeteria tray but someone bumped and my fist went up to his face..." said Mark

"That's not true." I said

"Mark, I know you're hiding it. Both of you detention tomorrow." he said

C'mon, detention with Mark? He's gonna punch me again, we're gonna get called, it'll be a cycle.

I headed home, my place is kinda near the school which is a disadvantage in a way since Mark and Hayden also do.

"Mom, I'm home." I said

"Hey honey, you got a package today from someone." she said

What is this package? I wasn't expecting anything to arrive.

"Thanks mom." I said

I head up to my room, and open the package.

There was a note saying;
When you're done scanning with this stuff, pass it on. If you got it, you're one of the reasons why. Don't talk about it at school, it's supposed to be a secret. I found it a few days ago in my locker. This is all about Kenzie's death.
Sincerely, Carson

Carson is my only friend now that Mark and Hayden are jerks. But why would someone give this to me? I am the closest to Kenzie and it would hurt so much.  And it still does.

I open it, and I find the tape I need to listen to. This is gonna be a big journey.