19

Btw I changed sunbae's dad's shop to his company because it makes sense. I'm so sorry to have caused you trouble.

Your POV:

"S-sun-sunbae," I stuttered.

He narrowed his eyes at Jungkook. "Is he your boyfriend?"

Okay what? Did he not recognize jungkook? Oh please God let it be it.

"I don't think it's any of your business even if I am," Jungkook replied icily before I could even open my mouth.

Well now it hung open.

Where was this even going?

"Aniyo sunbae," I said regaining composure. "He's not. But what are-"

"As far as I remember, you don't like younger guys, y/n," sunbae sneered and I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me.

Does everyone know this about me or what? Why does this come back bitting my ass all the time?

"Well, she isn't interested in you either, I gather," Jungkook said through clenched teeth.

"Guys, what are you even-"

"Then why has he come off to drop you this late?," sunbae cut me off, again.

"Why are you here this late?," Jungkook shot back.

Okay this wasn't going well. I had to intervene.

I turned to Jungkook and said, "Thanks for dropping me off. Don't worry, I'll fix this. I'll see you tomorrow."
He furrowed his brows. "You better, ducky."
I smiled at him.
"He's not your boyfriend, though?," he asked and I laughed at his tone.
"No. Now go! Before anyone else sees you that I can't fix."
He ruffled my hair and grudgingly left...

...not before shooting sunbae a deadly look.

Boys.

I turned to sunbae. The tricky part was this. I didn't know if I could trust sunbae with this but in a situation like this, did I have another choice?

I looked at the lone road and contemplated running off.

Focus, bitch. Focus.

"So are you going to talk or something?," sunbae said in a tight voice.

"Let's go sit somewhere."

We went to a nearby park and sat on the swings as I looked at my feet, trying to figure out where to begin.

"I.. uh.. work for them," I said.
"What kind of work?"
"You know... staff. Hair and make up and stuff."
"What's the deal with Jungkook? You two going out or something?," there was bitterness in his voice that shocked me.

"NO! Sunbae, he's a celebrity and I work for him. We just became friends, that's all," I defended myself, from what? I didn't know.

"How did you become friends with him?"

Something told me I shouldn't tell him about the accident...

"Well, it just did. The important thing is-,"

"It was you who took the shot for jungkook, wasn't it?," he cut me off fir the third time now. Seriously dude.

I gulped.

Should I lie...?

I thought the better of it. I was caught now anyway.

"Yes."

There was an awkward silence between us until I finally spoke, "sunbae, this has to be a secret. Even Yoona doesn't know. I can't risk this getting out... Please. Can you promise to keep it a secret?"

"Why work for them anyway? You know how dangerous it could get because you're in the same school as Jungkook," he reasoned.

"It pays good, and it's BTS! COME ON! IT'S A DREAM JOB!," I realized I'd started fangirling so bit my tongue and sat back down.

Yes, calm your ass down.

He seemed to be in deep thought when he finally said, "So you don't have feelings for him?"

I looked at sunbae, horrified. "N-No! Why does it even matter?"

He smiled and said, "okay I'll promise. On one condition."
"Yes?"
"Well I won't say right now. But you'll have to say yes when I do."
"It's a yes right now. Just keep the promise," I frowned.

His eyes shone. "Well then I'll let you know soon what you just said yes to," he laughed and I laughed at the absurdity of the situation.

I think I can trust sunbae. I was scared for no reason at all. Actually, it felt nice to have someone know and help me get Yoona off my back..

"Oh, by the way, why were you at my house, though?," I asked as I remembered suddenly.

He was taken aback but thrn cleared his throat and said, "Well I wanted to see you."

Something felt odd. "This late?"

Actually now that I think about it, it looked like he was coming out the front door when he saw us.

He cleared his throat again. "I came by to ask your mom to let you work at my dad's company since you always complain about your current manager...," he trailed off.

I kind of felt warm that sunbae cared this much about me.

"But even your mom didn't know where you work, so.."
"Yeah," I chuckled. "But now you do."
"So it's a no, then?"
"You weren't going to ask me to say yes to this?," I raised an eyebrow.

He looked like he made a mistake but then laughed.

"Well seeing that you love your job, I'm going to ask you for something else later."

Something told me he already didn't want to ask me to change jobs but I didn't press.

"I already said yes," I laughed.

"Yeah, you did," he winked.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Yeah well I tried. I'm sorry. Bad days.

And sorry for not giving jungkook time in this chapter but had the story to work on.

Lol I'm saying sorry a lot lately. Please don't give up on me lolol.