Seven Shade Hunters (2)

Author's Note:

WAHHHHHHHHHHH! #118 in fantasy on 10/06/17!!!!! And now it's at #145!!!! What is this!?! I've never been ranked before! Thanks for all the love and support! I'm crying! (Only fake crying bc I'm dead inside) :P What is life right now!!!! For this AMAZING surprise, here's a chapter!!!! Love ya! -ptd

***************

Sya couldn't stand looking at the eight people kowtowing at her. Their pitiful bowing made her heart hurt for them. They have been raised together. Taught together. Ate together. Slept side by side together. Fought and killed together. They went through hell to finally be free from her Demon Father. How could she be so selfish towards them? How could she keep letting them bow to her?

"Quickly stand up before I cut your heads off!" Sya threatened them as she stared off into the woods. She could hear them quickly get up and pat the dirt off their clothes before lining up in a straight line to do her next bidding. "Is anyone hurt?"

"No, My Lady." Ai said as she quickly scanned the seven men she considered as her brothers. "Just some scratches here and there, but we are all fine, right?"

"Yes, my Lady." Lan Se said as he nodded his head up and down. "We are fine. Nothing serious!"

Sya turns around to scan the seven men then at her Ai, she quickly looks over them and when she was satisfied that there were no large damages to their bodies, she throws a small porcelain vase to each person.

"Drink up." Sya tells them before opening another porcelain bottle up to sprinkle the white powder on the dead men at their feet. When the white powder hits the body, it starts to shake then with time, it too became a white powder. In the end, the white ash that were once dead bodies flew away with the wind leaving behind the wet ground soaked with blood.

Sya moved out and without a word, everyone followed as well. They all flew from their positions on the ground to surround Sya as they flew towards their destination.

Lord Zion's minions have only caught sight of them close to the second biggest city called Weheir. It was three weeks of traveling by road, but three days of constant flying without breaks.

Sya pushed the group as far away from the massacre as possible before landing near the brook of a stream so they could clean up. They rested and cleaned up as quickly as possible. Bandaging any open wounds that kept bleeding.

Sya gave three Shade Hunters another porcelain vase and inside was an ointment to heal their deep wound. She also handed more more qi raising drinks to give them more energy to fly.

For the next couple hours into the dark night they flew, towards Vulean City. Resting for a few minutes before flying again. They flew as if the Demon Master himself was chasing after them. No one talked as they flew away further and further away from Weheir.

Late on the second night, Sya, Ai and the Seven Shade Hunters landed on Baozhai's roof. Their tired bodies and mind couldn't wait to rest and take a bath. They entered the restaurant from the back and went upstairs where they all lived.

There were five rooms. Both Sya and Ai had their own rooms while the seven men all shared rooms. There were two bathing rooms and a small living space that they shared. Once inside, they all split up and as Ai drew a bath for Sya. Sya went to gather her belongings.

Everyone suddenly stopped what they were doing when they suddenly heard loud pounding from the front door.

"Wife!~~~~~~~" Ju Long called out loudly. "I have come to welcome you back!"

Sya groaned as Ai smiled at Ju Long's persistence.

"I have missed you greatly! I haven't eaten since you left me all by myself!" Ju Long cried out loudly as his stomach growled on cue. "Are you just going to hide inside without feeding your Husband?!"

"Ai." Sya said softly. "Dainqing, Ki, and Midori. Please take care of our guest while the rest of us clean up. When we are done, they will entertain our guest while you guys clean up."

The four of them bowed then did as their Princess bid them. Sya opened the door to her room and closed it before leaning against it. She listened as Ai's bubbly personality took over the conversation.

"Ah! Why isn't it Duke Ju Long with the three great Sirs!" Ai said as she lead them inside while Ki closed the door behind them.

Thorvald, Yuki, and Tamotsu all stood in alert as they stared down the three men inside of Baozhai Restaurant. They smelled like sweat and blood. And the presence of the new faces made them on edge.

"Ah don't mind these men!" Ai said as she opened the window slightly to let the wind blow through to air out the room and smell. "They are good brothers of mine! They serve our Lady Sya as well."

Ai let them to their usual table for them to sit down on.

"Sit! Sit! My lady is upstairs washing up and getting dressed so it may take a while. Please enjoy the wine until she arrives!" Ai said as she brought two jugs of wine to the table and set down four cups. "I must help my Lady, so you must excuse me. These men here are Ki, Dianqing, and Midori. They will keep you company until my Lady comes down."

Ai quickly bows before grabbing two jugs of wine and three cups and hands them off to Ki.

"Be nice." Ai warns them quietly.

Ki raises his eyebrow to question her as if they wouldn't play nicely against the Duke and his three bodyguards. Ai snorts at them before she runs upstairs to help Lady Sya.

On the first floor, the seven men are quiet. The wind blows in softly, letting the sweet smell of bamboo flow through. They are slowly drinking the wine and enjoying it under the full moon that shines brightly. Setting off the darken room in a silver, white light. No other lanterns were lit, nor any candles.

But between them, there are two qi forces that have descended inside the restaurant. One was the mixed qi force between Thorvald, Yuki, and Tamostu. And the other was Ki, Dianqing and Midori's qi force mixing together forcing Thorvald, Yuki, and Tamostu into submission.

Ki smiled wickedly the whole time at his brothers. These small fry want to challenge them in their own home? They want to challenge to see who was more powerful? They were Lady Sya's Shade Hunters! They were born and raised in Hell! They were trained by the Demon Lord himself! How could they lose to a mere human?!

Ju Long drank his wine quietly until he felt Thorvald, Yuki, and Tamostu lose the silent qi battle. The moment he placed his cup down, his qi was unleashed. And when it did. It mixed with his guards qi force and fought back. It slowly pushed back the three men's qi, inch by slow inch.

Ju Long, Thorvald, Yuki, and Tamostu were all sweating.

"If you want to win over our Lady." Ki said as he drank down the wine slowly before pouring another cup. His voice was deep as the ocean and light as the wind. It was as if he spoke from is position and yet, he was sitting beside you at the same time, speaking to your ear. It made everyone shiver. "If you want us to acknowledge you as our Lady's Husband and Man. You will have to be strong enough to beat us first. Only then you'll be worthy enough to protect her and stand beside her."

Ki waited until Ju Long and his three guards were able to push the qi force halfway in between them, before Ki, Dianqing and Midori unleashed their whole qi force. Their qi force pinned Ju Long and his men in their seats, causing them to panic.

"Don't think that just because Ai thinks you're worthy enough to try to win our Lady's heart and hand, means that you can. You still have to go through us and four others before you can even think about holding our Lady's hand or touching a single strand of her hair." Midori said as he turned to smile evilly at them. "Do anything to make our Lady cry or hurt her feelings in any way and we won't even give you time to regret. That I promise you, as her Shade Hunter, I swear it on my soul, my life and my light."