hi and welcome

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and situations either are the product of the author's imagination or used fictitiously, and any similarities to actual people, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. The author, also, does not want any duplications or strikingly similar versions of the novella published anywhere without permission. Anyone found guilty of this will be asked to take it down very passive-aggressively. 

          Now that that's out of the way, hiya! My name is Mak and this is my very first Wattpad story. I am so excited to get this published on here for all of you to read! I'm quaking in my metaphorical boots.

          This story has a terrible plot, in my opinion, so feel free to comment about how cliche it may appear to be. My goal was to take a common plot in teen fiction books and add several different elements to diversify the characters. Plus, I needed to write something that wasn't a hair too close to literal gay erotica, or completely gay. 

          The title came from the ever popular idea on Tumblr that Van Gogh ate yellow paint chips because he was so depressed and he wanted happiness inside of him. I don't agree nor disagree with this idea but it's 2am and I need a title. It applies to the theme that we all have yellow paint, something that we do to make us feel less sad or lonely. 

          There are a few warnings:

                    -mild/strong language (cursing)

                    -mentions of rape

                    -mentions of drug use/abuse

                    -the teeniest bit of boy-on-boy action if you squi

          Feedback is welcome, positive and negative. This obviously won't be perfect. I just really want you guys to comment your reactions and have fights in the comment section. 

          That seems about it. I suck at introductions. I kind of I hate myself and I hate talking about myself, especially when trying to make myself sound much more optimistic and happy when really all I want to do is cry. Comment any questions that you have, and voting is encouraged. Prepare yourself for this mess of a book. 

          Enjoy!