two; sabrina

"You guys had sex?"

          "I mean, I woke up beside him wearing nothing but a t-shirt that wasn't mine."

          "Was he naked?"

          Sabrina rushes out quickly, "No. Mom's knocking. I'll call you back," and hangs up on her best friend. She unlocks and opens her bedroom door to find her mom standing on the other side, wearing a flour-covered apron with her hands on her hips. 

          "Yes?"

          "What have I said about locking the doors in my house, mija?"

          It takes everything in Sabrina not to roll her eyes at her overbearing mother and she recites flatly, "Not to do it because I don't pay the bills. Sorry, Mama."

          She asks for Sabrina to be down for dinner in fifteen minutes before leaving, muttering to herself in Spanish under her breath. Sabrina shuts her bedroom door again, but doesn't bother locking it to avoid another lecture from her mother. She decides to continue the conversation over text.

          Sabrina's cat moves to lay beside her on her bed after she settles in a comfortable spot under a blanket. Her fingernails tap noisily against her phone screen as she types out a message to her best friend.

          To Lisa: he was wearing boxers. i cant remember anything but im sure we fucked

          From Lisa: Wow. I can't believe you, you little skank

          To Lisa: shut up. dont act like you werent sitting in tobys lap when we were singing by the fire

          From Lisa: But Toby is my boyfriend

          From Lisa: AND he's way cuter than Connor

          To Lisa: connor is lowkey VERY hot

          From Lisa: Yeah, FOR A DYKE

          From Lisa: HE BARELY DRESSES LIKE A BOY SHOULD

          Sabrina laughs aloud at that, startling her cat. She checks the time and determines that now marks the fifteen minutes of leeway she was given. After she texts Lisa a winking face emoji and "i have to eat dinner. ttyl", she goes downstairs, her phone left on her bedside table to charge.