9| THE END - PART TWO

As Elektra set off running, she could feel the sharpness of the chilly wind brush against her cheeks, and her eyes stung and watered slightly, but there wasn't much she could do about that. The mask that she often wore was secured on her face, resembling the lower half of a skeleton's skull. Elektra had left with the first wave of Grounders, leaving behind Anya, her Commander, and the remaining members of her Clan. All she could do was keep running, keep pushing the lingering thoughts into the dark corners of her mind as she neared their camp, and keep her mind set on their one goal: winning.

     The trees began to blur beside her as she picked up speed, her feet thudded against the ground, crushing the leaves underneath her boots, snapping the twigs and the thin lower branches that stuck out of the bottom of the tree trunks. Her fist tightened around her bow, and she could feel the machete on her back knock against her spine as she ran, and the sword by her hip slapping against her thigh.

     From the corner of her eye, she could see the silhouette of one of the scouts throwing a bladed weapon out in front of himself.

     How fast had I run?

     Her head turned from side to side, but she could not see another Grounder anywhere, even up in the trees.

     "Grounders!" A voice yelled out meters in front of her.

     It sounded like the voice at the bridge.

     Which would only mean one thing.

     It was Jasper.

     Skaikru had left their camp to go east.

     Shit.

     Elektra growled and continued to run forward, trying to keep herself levelled and her breathing even. Without giving it much thought, she kicked off the ground and her hand grabbed onto one of the branches of the tree in front of her. Carefully, she placed her bow over her shoulders and started to climb up with both hands clutching the bark, her boots occasionally slipping from the lack of grip they had against the tree. If there was one thing she knew for certain, it was that she was close to their camp.

     It was just like the first time she went out to spy on them. Only this time, she wouldn't be caught or kept as a prisoner. She would rather die than be that again. The memory of being caught by Bellamy found its way to the surface of her mind, so she made sure to be extra careful and extra hidden in the shrouded trees.

     It was no longer day; the night had fallen in the forest and a thick blanket of dark grey clouds covered the sky.

     Elektra could hear the war drums, and it wasn't long after that when she heard the first gunshot of the night. Her eyes dropped to the ground below her, and in waves, she could see the Grounders rushing forward, side to side, and backward. They were trying to cause Skaikru to waste their bullets.

     Where was Anya? Tristan?

     She hasn't seen them since she left to attack with the first wave.

     Where was Lincoln?

     Her eyes widened.

     Oh shit, Lincoln.

     The plan!

     Once more, Elektra could hear people yelling and screaming towards the camp.

     This was it.

     Elektra jumped down from her post and took off running, panting slightly as she saw the gate.