Moonlight Chapter 14

3rd Person POV

Taehyung sighed, "When I was seven Nari, my mother, left me and my dad. By 'left' I mean she actually packed her bags and moved out without telling us. We ended up not hearing from her for a couple of months until some woman from the courthouse showed up with some divorce papers. We didn't actually see Nari until that day in court, where she won custody of me. When I moved in she had been engaged to her current husband. He treated me like a prince and made me feel so special. He bought me a bunch of toys and almost everything that I wanted. At first, it seemed a little weird, but he got me so much stuff that I just thought it was normal. At the wedding, Nari cried and he did too. A few months after the wedding things started going a little haywire. Nari was working a lot more than usual, Hanuel was trying to spend more and more time with me when he was off of work and they weren't spending as much time with each other as they should. Even though I was eight I could tell that much."

The sun was sinking further behind the horizon, covering them in darkness. The only source of light being the slowly rising moon and the blinking fireflies. Jungkook knew it was getting late, but he also knew that this was a once in while opportunity. Taehyung was finally fully opening up to him and he planned to do the same, if given the opportunity.

"Slowly things got a little too close for comfort. Hanuel became a bit too touchy, but me being 8 years old I just thought that was how he showed his love for me and I loved the attention. One night, while my mom was on vacation he snuck in my room and he touched me. I tried to fight back but he choked me," Taehyung said, touching his neck lightly. Jungkook shifted before looking at Taehyung. "Nari came back about three weeks later and I told her about it. You know what she told me? She said that I shouldn't tell lies and that maybe I just imagined the whole situation. She didn't believe me even though I had never lied to her before," Taehyung spat bitterly.

"Is that why you asked me if I would always believe you," Jungkook asked quietly. "Yeah, you know what? You and Jin hyung are the only two people who believe me." Jungkook frowned, "You told someone else?" Taehyung nodded, "I told my dad, but he was too drunk off his ass to actually care. Back to the story though, Hanuel touching me went on until I was 10 and I moved back in with my dad," Taehyung said.

Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's hand and interlocked their fingers gently. He played with one of the rings on Taehyung's finger, admiring the way it reflected the moonlight. "Who gave this to you," Jungkook whispered. Taehyung mumbled a response in reply. "I don't understand you when you mumble, I've told you that countless times," Jungkook frowned. Taehyung nodded and sighed, "Jin hyung gave it to me when I turned 15, it's a promise ring. It's a promise that no matter what happens with others or with me and him, that he will always be there for me." Jungkook smiled, "You and Jin hyung must be close." Taehyung smiled slightly, "He's basically like a mother figure for me."

"He's like a mother figure for everyone," Jungkook laughed. Taehyung shook his head seriously, "You don't understand, if I was younger I would probably call him 'Eomma', like I do in little space. He's been there for me when no one else was, he believed in me when no one else did. At the end of the day, no matter what, I wouldn't be where I am today with him." Jungkook smiled, "If I didn't know better I'd say you loved him." Taehyung looked down at him, "I do love him, but its a different type of love from how I love you. I love Jin hyung like a family member, like a mom. I love you like a husband or boyfriend." Jungkook grinned at the word husband.

"I get that, I love Jimin like a brother," Jungkook said, finally being serious. "I've been meaning to ask you about how you and Jimin are so close," Taehyung mumbled. "Well, Jimin and I met at a group home. I used to live in one because my mom had mental issues and they couldn't find my father. When Jimin and I met, it was like an instant connection with each other and we were inseparable. Slowly peer pressure seeped into our relationship though, and we ended up dating for a while." Taehyung tensed visibly at the word dating. Jungkook smiled and tightened his grip on Taehyung's hand. "We didn't really have romantic feelings for each other, but we forced ourselves to believe that we did. We dated until we were out of high school, so about 2 years. Jimin is one year older than me and we started dating when I was 16 and he was 17, so... Yeah, about 2 years."

Taehyung relaxed, feeling reassured. "After that we broke up and took a break from each other. During that time Jimin ended up dating Yoongi hyung, his boyfriend, and I got a job at Fallen Stars with Jin hyung." Jungkook said, finishing up his story. "Did you ever get adopted?" Jungkook smiled at the thought of his adoptive parents. "Yeah I did. There was an old couple that adopted me and they were fantastic to me." Taehyung smiled along with him happily and played with his hair with his free hand.

Unexpectedly Jungkook sat up, taking his warmth with him. Taehyung pouted up at him childishly, "Why did you move?" Jungkook smirked, "So I could do this." Jungkook captured Taehyung's lips with his and placed his knees on either side of Taehyung's waist. His hands made their way to either side of Taehyung's head and he held himself up. Taehyung smiled into the kiss because he had been craving it for a while. As soon as the taste of Jungkook hit his tongue, Taehyung went crazy. He kissed back harder and clutched Jungkook's shirt tightly. 

Jungkook smiled at Taehyung eagerness and bit Taehyung's lip harshly. Taehyung moaned and enjoyed the sweet pleasure of the pain Jungkook was serving him. Jungkook, being the prick he was, pulled away unexpectedly. "What are you doing," Taehyung panted. Jungkook smiled, "This isn't the place to make out with each other." Taehyung smacked his lips, "Yes the hell it is! This is romantic as hell, you won't find a more romantic spot." Jungkook shrugged and laid on his back lazily, leaving Taehyung to steam to himself. "We should go to the police," Jungkook said. Taehyung sighed, "What are you talking about?"

Jungkook propped himself up on his elbow and looked down at Taehyung, "What Hanuel did was illegal and he should pay for it."  Taehyung scoffed, "This is a repeat of what happened with Jin hyung. You people don't understand that it happened from when I was 8 until I turned 10. I'm 18. There is no chance that we would be able to convicted of anything, besides it would be too late." Jungkook frowned, "It wouldn't be too late though. I'm sure we could find some type of proof that he did those horrible things to you." Taehyung sat up forcefully, "Its too late for him and for me. You and Jin hyung don't know how long it took for me to even get to this point of being able to talk about this without crying. I stayed up so many nights, worrying if he would come back into my room and touch me again. He might not have paid for this, but I sure as hell did and I'm not willing to pay for it even more." Leaving it at that Taehyung got up and walked back towards Jin's house slowly.

He felt bad about going off on Jungkook like that, but he was just so sick of people thinking they knew what was good for him when they didn't have a damn clue. He was pissed too because Jungkook had inspired a great moment, but he just had to go and fuck it up.

Someone grabbed his arm, making him turn around quickly. Hanuel, his stepfather, stood in front of him with a smirk. "You look really good, especially in tight pants. I missed you," Hanuel said and licked his lips hungrily. Taehyung tripped over a root and fell, hitting his head on a rock jutting out of the groud. There was a crack and blinding pain before he passed out, seeing Hanuel stand over him with a smile.

Another one. This was a lot more dramatic than I planned for it to be, but its okay because that just stregthens the plot and gives the book more drama. I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I really enjoyed writing it. Have a good day/night. I love you. PEACE!!