ONE

chapter one!

❞ A simple hello could lead to a million things

A simple hello could lead to a million things.

AURORA ENTERED ROUSEAU'S and saw Camille. She quickly got past a group of drunk men and greeted her. "Hey Cami, late night shift?" She asked with her head tilted to the left.

"Yes, you came to visit me?"

"Well, I had nothing else to do." She shrugged, winking playfully with a smile.

"wow, I can feel the love, Rory." Camille said sarcastically, using her nickname.

"So, can I get the usual?"

The blonde rolled her eyes and went to make her friend a cup of hot chocolate milk.

After drinking her delicious chocolate milk, which she is heavily addicited to, the strawberry blond went to the toilet to put her lipstick back on.

She pushed back the toilet door open and went to the bar. There she saw her blonde friend talking to a handsome man in a suite.

She looked at the dark- haired man from head to toe and flipped her curled hair of her shoulder. And he was also handsome up close?
"Hello." She greeted him with a mischievous grin.

"Hello" he greeted back with a polite smile, showing no interest in her at all.

Camille rolled her eyes at her flirtatious friend and continued their conversation. "What kind of bind is your brother in?" Camille asked.

"He believes there are people in this town that are conspiring against him."

Aurora widened her eyes and took a seat next to the man. Now interested in what he had to say about his brother.

"Wow, narcisisstic and paranoid." The bartender commented immediately.

He intertwined his fingers en gave a little smile.

"Sorry. Bartender with a grad degree in psychology. Total cliché"

"Listen Camille and?"

So only now I have you attention? better now than never. She extended her hand and raised her chin a bit so she could look at his face. "Aurora, but call me Rory please. What's yours?"

"Elijah. It's a pleasure to meet you, Aurora. You have a beautiful name." Elijah complimented her, receiving a timid smile. "I'm looking for someone who might shed some light on his current predicament. She works here. Jane-Anne Deveraux. Any idea where I might find her?"

"No, but I know someone who might."