Chapter 31

Sincere Harris

I stood still, not being able to move my body as I contemplated my next move. Damn, I can't really believe he's here. My head was low, refraining from allowing him to see my face, but it seem like the devil was playing tricks when I slightly looked up and he was looking me dead in my eyes. I swallowed, blowing a sigh from my lips. It's as if my fear had turned into complete anger. This man has been ruining my damn life since the day I met him.

"Long time, no see.", he smirked, licking his lips as he peered over me. His wandering eyes seemed to land on my baby bump, and I just smiled at him in a cocky manner. He made me lose Nevaeh, but he will not make me lose this one. He'll have hell to pay if he does.

"Would've liked it better if you would've just stayed where the fuck you was.", I said, rolling my eyes.

"Don't think just because we're 'round a big group of motherfuckers that I won't choke the hell outta' you.", he mumbled, tilting his head to the side. "You're mine before the nights over."

"Pussy boy, calm ya' self.", I said, sizing him. I still have my burner in my purse upstairs and I'm not afraid to lose it.

"So what? You fuckin' on my brotha' now? That's cute. Always knew you was a hoe.", he laughed, rolling his eyes slightly.

"I always knew you were a bitch.", I shrugged, causing him to scrunch his nose at me in aggravation.

"See, ya' mouth was always ya' fuckin' problem. That's why I always smashed my dick in it.", he said, shrugging, causing me to shake my head. This nigga really thought everything he did to me was okay, and he's beyond dumb as hell if he think I'm going to allow it to happen again. I'm no killer, but don't push me. "I'll catch you later sweetheart."

He bit his lip at me before walking off into the small crowd of people, as they all acknowledged his presence. I brushed it off before finishing my process and heading back into the house, speed walking up the stairs. I need to leave as soon as possible if I want to be on the safe side. My first mind was telling me to call Deandre, but I would hate to bring all of that drama into the home of a family that has been so kind to me and mine. I already know how that would end, and I wouldn't want any of that to go down.

My trip of the stairs was quick, and I found myself outside of Cari's door, knocking with my elbow since all of the things were gathered in my hands. Within a matter of seconds, he was opening the door and helping me with some of the stuff, placing all of it on the coffee table by the love seat. He made eye contact with me, and I found myself at ease looking into his eyes, but my mind was running a mile a minute. I want to tell him I need to go, but I can't seem to get the words out.

"What's wrong?", he asked, lifting my chin with his index finger.

"I got to go.", I said, looking up at him from my spot on the love seat, as he kneeled over me.

"Why? I was hoping we could get a little chill time in before I had to leave.", he asked, and I watched as his facial expression changed from concerned to disappointed.

"It's has nothing to do with you, but it's me. I need to go.", I said, hoping he would stop holding me up. If I leave now, his feelings will be hurt and I can just explain the situation later, but the longer I'm here, the longer I am putting my child and myself at risk.

"Sincere?", he questioned, trying to get an answer out of me.

"Cari, if I stay here, I'm going to be in danger. I need to go now.", I said, giving him the look that everyone else seems to know all too well. The look of worry, the pleading eyes.