Chapter 41

Hi Guys... (Please read my second point it is important)

Firstly, all my exams are done now so that means the uploads will be more frequent as I had my last exam today. :)

Secondly, I have read all the comments about Jake and Hayden getting together and how it needs to speed up but I have finished this story now on my laptop and as I've said from the start, when I first thought up this story, I knew straight away when they were going to get together and trust me that chapter is already wrote and waiting for you guys to read it. So please and I don't want to sound mean or anything like that and I really do appreciate the feedback you have no idea but please please please just be patient with the pair of them and hopefully when you read the chapter that they get together in you will hopefully see that all the waiting was worth it, trust me. :)

Anyway... sorry for the long wait for this chapter and my huge paragraph but I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I grabbed my phone and walked out of the house, locking the door behind me. I tucked my phone into my pocket and started to walk towards Becki’s house. At the moment her parents weren’t in as they were on a business trip which is a bit weird seeing as my mum was away in London. I walked down the pathway and knocked on the door.

“Hey” Becki said whilst opening the door a little bit wider. “Come in” She said. I walked in after her and closed the door. I hadn’t really been in Becki’s house before and it looked exactly like mine but the hallway had a chandelier instead of a normal light shade and the house seemed slightly bigger. We carried on into the kitchen and through the back door as it was nice and sunny outside. I walked out and saw the sun bouncing off of the reflection of the water from the outdoor pool that was in Becki’s garden.

“So how have you been lately? I’ve hardly seen you” She said as we sat down in one of the chairs.

“I’ve been good you heard about the whole thing about Adam and Jason” I said.

“Ye how is Jason?” Becki asked concerned whilst pouring a drink of Lemonade.

“He rang me this morning and said he was ok but I don’t believe him” I said whilst I reached for the glass that Becki was holding out to me. “I mean both of his eyes are swollen and he can just about see. His nose is burst and his lips are all cracked. Also, his knuckles are all bruised and grazed.” I said. Every time I told her one of Jason’s injuries her eyes would widen slightly. “Anyway have you heard anything from Jamie lately?” I asked.

“Ye we’ve been talking” she said smiling. It frustrated me how much I knew that Becki and Jamie suited each other and belonged with each other but yet they weren’t going out. We carried on talking about the guys for a while before she changed the topic.

“So have you changed your mind lately on prom?” Becki asked me.

“No I don’t want to go” I said looking down at my hands.

“Hayden...” I looked up and saw her looking at me as if she didn’t believe me.

“Fine... I’ve been thinking about it lately but that’s all it’s not a definite answer ok” I said to her to make sure that she understood me.

“Ok... but you wouldn’t want to upset Jake would you?” I rolled my eyes at her which made her laugh.

“Becki... Shut up” I said. She shook her head and took a sip of her lemonade.

“I really want to go just on the principal that it’s a masquerade theme and I’ve always wanted to go to one” She said.

“Well get Jason to take you” I said whilst placing my empty glass on the table.