20: A Stolen First Kiss

*-*-*-*

This, is it.

We're on our way to the four-day three-night party by the beach.

I can't not go; Father wouldn't let me.

And so here I am, at the back of the bus, head leaning against the window, feeling the vibrations of its engine under me, wishing I was just under my covers back at the Dorm.

But I knew I couldn't.

I couldn't even look at Aomine either; whenever I did he would always give me that smirk.

What, was the bold move I did last night not enough?

God... Just thinking about that again..

I buried my face into my hands, my face heating up quickly. Why have I done that?

Why why why why whyyyy?

Where have I learnt that? I am absolutely positive that I didn't even learn that all my life.

Aomine Daiki, just what have you done to me?

Aaaaand, to answer the question lingering on your minds, no, I am not, by any way or means, seating beside the tanned blueberry hottie. One, I couldn't even bring myself to even look at him, let alone sit beside him. Two, I really had enough of him. Not really true, but everywhere I go, he seems to follow. Or vice versa. On top of that, he's my room mate! Is it not too much to actually see him every second of my life?

And three...

He was sitting beside Shizuka.

But his eyes were trained on me.

I could practically feel those midnight blue eyes burning a hole through my body.

I think I just died.

Another thing is that Kise wasn't here, so I was practically alone. Almost all of the seats were occupied. The bus was exceptionally noisy, because well, students. They aren't particularly disciplined unless when it comes to studies and Demerit Points.

I knew it wasn't a girl when I felt a heavy weight standing beside me. I turned and smiled warmly as a sign of welcome, and my smile went wider at who it was. I almost forgot him.

Ichi.

"Hey." He breathed. "It's been a while."

"Ichi, It's been a while." I repeated after him. A small smile draped over his pinkish his lips, and he moved to put his bag onto the bunk up our seats. He then gestured for the seat.

"Is it taken?"

"Oh, no, no! You can sit if you like."

"I'd love to." He smiled and took the seat. I was actually about to plug my earphones and ignore the world, but I guess that I have to put it aside for a while in any case if Yoichi wants to talk to me.

"So, how's your ankle lately?"

See?

And oh right, I forgot about that.

"Ah, it's okay! Aomine kind of rubbed some ointment and massaged it for me." I smiled gratefully. Don't make me tell you. It's the most horrible and awkward experience of my life. Yet painfully sweet at the same time.

The bus' engines reared to life as the driver stepped on the pedal, and off we went. Father had specially rented a handful of fifty seater buses for us all, and it was just the right amount.