Chapter 19: Caught

Alex

She looked at me warily. I saw the desire in those orbs that had captured my heart. They mirrored mine, yet there was hesitation mixed with it. My hands around her soft body tightened. My whole body is now a roiling fire of desire, but there's nothing important than an assurances tonight; that she's my girl.

"I've never felt so sure with my life until now, Clara Bell," I murmured softly, eyes still locked with her heavy lidded ones.

"Can we just kiss, please?" she whispered, almost too faint, her voice trembling with desire. It was so low, almost like a moan and I felt my cock twisted in response, restrained underneath my pants. It got so excited and I could feel I'm about to explode soon. I felt a little damp underneath and I know my control is at the end of the string and it's gonna snapped if she keeps talking like that. Like a nymph temptress.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to do that. More than that infact," I grunted, pulling her closer to me and brushes my lips against hers. She tasted Champagne mixed with her natural feminine sweetness. It drove me crazy, intoxicating.

I reigned my control. I need to make her my girl tonight.

I inched back my lips as soon as she tried to deepen the kiss. She let out a grunt of protest. I chuckled softly. "I need assurances. I don't want to be taken advantage of," I grinned at her when she scowled at me.

"What?" I nudged, wriggling my eyebrows suggestively and she smacked my chest.

"I'm not like you!" she hissed, eyes slowly thinning.

"I promised it's going to be only you, Clara Bell. I'm ready to commit to you forever, and as I've said, I've never felt so sure in my entire life," I rambled and she stared at me, perusing my face, searching for the sincerity. I could tell she wants it as much as I want it, but there's something that was holding her back.

"I still felt like betraying her, Alex. All I heard was hearsay, I have no solid proof that she really were using me," she sighed. She wriggled her body off me and headed straight to her room.

My shoulders sagged as I followed her. Hands involuntarily found my pockets as I trailed behind her, ignoring the uncomfortable feeling of my hard cock rubbing against my boxers short.

"I have photos of her with all these man she sleep with while we were together. And a few, when hang out with those friends of her before you. I know she told you that you're her best friend, but believe me, Clara, Tabitha was her closest one. She knows all her secrets more than you know," I said.

She came to a halt before she could reach her door, then slowly she turned to face me.

"Then why didn't Tabitha speak when she shamed her in front of us two years ago?" she recalled, her eyes gauging, challenging my words.

I know it's not easy for her to believe me until she sees strong evidences that Claire wasn't the best friend she thought she was. "Because she knew a lot of Tabitha's secrets that would also ruin her. And once she opened her mouth, both of them will fall," I explained.

She stared at me for a moment before she nodded her head. "Give me time until I gather every evidence that prove she used me," she decided then turned on her heel, facing her bedroom door.

I let out a frustrated sigh. All I can do for now is approve.

"How about the kiss? Can we continue it then?" I asked, hoping she'll agree. I'm already having a ravage hard on.

She face me while holding the door open. "Good night, Alex. Sweet dreams!" she chuckled, then she closed the door.

I shook my head in disbelief.