Chapter 7. - Too Much

The Dark Goddess
moves within me;
to me she brings the fruit
of the hidden

----------

AFTER MY TALK WITH BEN, I started walking around, looking for a random classroom that looked interesting. I found Evie in one of them and decided to walk in. I had no clue which class I had, but it wasn't like we'd be here for long. I sat down next to Evie, who sat next to Doug, and gave them a fake smile.

"Do you have this class?" Evie frowned. Both she and Doug looked at me in confusion. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Probably not," I told them. Evie nodded and looked away, while Doug looked confused for a second before he decided it better not to ask. The lesson started and I was just playing around with a pencil. I glanced at Evie, who was staring dreamily at some boy across from us. She leaned a little closer to Doug.

"Any chance he's in line for a throne? Anywhere in line?" She asked and I rolled my eyes. Well, she found the Prince Charming she and her mother were looking for. Doug followed Evie's look towards the blond boy. Doug didn't look too happy when he looked at the blond guy.

"Chad. Prince Charming Jr. Cinderella's son." He explained. Evie's eyes lit up when she heard that. Huh, she really did find Prince Charming. "Chad inherited the charm, but not a lot of there there, know what I mean?" Doug continued with an eye roll. Oh, yeah, Doug didn't like this guy one bit. He looked even more annoyed when he saw Evie's look towards Chad. Was he jealous, I wondered. Oh Lord, now both Mal and Evie had an admirer, I realized. I groaned internally and let my head drop on the table with a loud 'thud'. If this turned out the way I thought it did, I would have two friends with way too much drama on my hands. I hate dramatics, I get enough of that from my father.

"Looks like there there to me," Evie said with a happy sigh. I glanced up and saw her resting her head on her hand, while staring at Chad. 

"Evie," The teacher said, snapping her out of her stares at Chad. "Perhaps this is just review for you. So, tell me, what is the average atomic weight of silver?" He asked her. Evie glanced at me with a desperate, wide-eyed look. She had no clue what the teacher was talking about. She turned back to the teacher and gave a sheepish smile.

"Atomic weight? Well, not very much. I mean, it's an atom, right?" She said dumbly. I gave her a look, while she just chuckled and so did Chad, which seemed to please her. The teacher beckoned her towards the board and she looked at me. I discretely nodded toward her bag and she smiled, grabbing her mirror. She held the mirror out of sight and repeated the question the teacher had asked to her mirror.

"That would be, ..." She started and then started saying all kind of numbers that I wasn't listening to. I was too busy looking at the teacher's face, I think I heard Evie call him Mr. Delay. Just by looking at his face I could tell that Evie had the right answer. His face was priceless. Doug mumbled something and Mr. Decay looked defeated. Evie turned around, hiding the mirror behind her back.

"I forget. Always a mistake to underestimate-"

"A villain?" Evie finished, while tossing the piece of chalk back towards him. "Don't make it again." She smiled sweetly. I smirked. Chad handed her a note on her way back towards her seat. Evie smiled and blushed. Chad's eyes followed her as Evie made her way back to her seat. She and I gave each other a discreet low five and Evie sat down, reading the note. Evie nodded to Chad and they both leaned on their hands staring into each other's eyes. Doug did the same, but he did it out of annoyance and maybe even jealousy. I chuckled at the sight in front of me and shook my head with an eye roll.