ix

❝Find a man who will ruin your lipstick,
not your mascara.❞

||unedited

||unedited

Koyaanisqatsi. Life out of balance.

By one fateful encounter. By one single word. Her ordinary and monotonous life was thrown out of proportion.

Though it was no coincidence, nor was it a chance meeting. For in this world there was only the inevitable. Things do not simply happen, they are made to happen.

In the universal scheme, there is an invisible thread connecting those who are fated to meet, transcending time, space and circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.

Taken from an old Chinese Proverb. It may sound childish and ancient to others, but our mathematical equations proved that there is a single force moving within all of us. Dictating the actions we do and the decisions we make - the driving force called destiny.

Destiny, however, was just another infinitesimal term in her vocabulary. Along with word hot. A certain adjective not pertaining to the rise in temperature, but to how her traitor of a brain described the person before her. How can he wear a plain tee and a pair of sweatpants and make it look so good?

A nerve twitched from the thought. Her face assumed a repugnant expression as she watched how Jungkook's trapezius and biceps would contract everytime he flipped the pan. There were no signs of life in the mansion apart from both of them. And the almighty Jeon Jungkook decided to make pancakes for breakfast.

Lisa had no idea whether to laugh or cry at his unpredictable behaviour. Still, his erratic mood swings were giving her the creeps. If she had known better, the jerk was probably hatching some diabolical plan in his head or he's simply a serious of case of a psycopath. Either way, that's none of her concern.

"Aren't you eating or what?" Jungkook asked, beckoning her at the nearest kitchen stool. She did not answer or budged from the spot. He impatiently whisked her unmoved body, making her sit down next to him. "Or do you want me to feed you?"

Lisa narrowed her eyes at him, he's definitely acting suspiciously nice. She knew for a fact that men like Jungkook won't do so unless they have an ulterior motive. A distant storm was brewing and she can sense it getting closer.

"What are you trying to pull off?"

He shrugged, sipping his steaming mug of coffee. "Having breakfast, what else?" She huffed at the reply. He was well aware of what she meant yet chose to get around the query. There was more than what he's letting on and she's not making progress of finding out anything.