07.

Season 1 Episode 7: Major Arcana

Khloe gasped as she connected the final dots. "I know where the cup is!"

She jumped up from her spot on the bed and ran out into the living room where Magnus, Jace, and Alec were with a bright smile on her face. She knew how to save her mother!

"What happened?" Magnus asked Khloe.

"I know where the cup is!"

"Wait, seriously?" Alec asked a large smile spreading across his face when she nodded. "That's amazing!"

Clary ran out behind Khloe. "What are you talking about?" Clary asked her sister not yet having worked out the puzzle.

"The tarot cards, Clary!" Khloe said and after a moment Clary gasped.

"Come again?" Jace said confused.

"The tarot cards! Mom must've painted them years ago! But the Mortal Cup must be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The cards look exactly like it." Jace and Magnus shared a grim look which confused Clary. "Why aren't you guys happy about this all we have to do is find-- Dot." Clary stopped realizing where the cards were last seen.

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the cup--" Jace said as he began walking towards Clary only for Magnus to jump between the two and cut Jace off. "We know!"

"If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons I'd be like if Beyonce riding on a dinosaur through times square. People would notice," He said responding to Clary's confused face.

"But he can control demons. I've seen it." Clary responded.

"Paying off a few demons is easy especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect," Magnus told Clary looking back at Jace.

"Still waiting on Valentines thank you card," Jace said causing Khloe to laugh slightly.

"Opening the gates of hell... that's a little more tricky."

"Valentine doesn't have the cards," Luke said walking into the room. "I do."

"They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Khloe and Clary went missing I went back to the loft and cleared everything out because I didn't want any members of the circle to track them."

"So are you the one that torched my room?" Khloe asked a little more aggressively than she should have.

"No that wasn't me that was your mother," Luke replied.

"Well anyway, that's great this should be easy then."

"That's what General Custer said," Magnus replied sitting down on the chair knowing full well that something was going to go wrong.

"Magnus is right," Luke said. "Valentine has spies everywhere. Even in the NYPD. We have to be discrete."

"Discrete? You look like something out of the mummy movie." Clary said causing Magnus to giggle under his breath. Clary gave him a weird look and he quickly looked away acting like nothing happened.

Khloe smiled at Magnus who sent a playful wink in her direction.

"We'll go in the morning. werewolf healing remember? This is nothing a couple hours of beauty sleep can't fix." Luke replied.

"Beauty sleep? Is that what you call it?" Khloe joked.

Luke sent her a look and she playfully raised her hands in surrender and walking away into the next room where Luke had previously been resting in the bed. She picked up the paper and stared at the box.