third year ➤the rat man

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no
characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Your P.O.V

"Expelliarmus!" Harry screams.

Snape soars across the room and lands on an old victorian bed in the corner of the eerie room causing about a pound of dust to arise.

"What did you just do?" Ron asks looking at the boy concern very evident in his widened, blue eyes.

"What the hell did you actually just do?" I add.

I despise Snape. With a fiery, flaming passion and the feeling is much noticeably mutual. Disarming him unconscious however? That's plain out digging your own grave.

"You attacked a teacher!" Hermione yells in a vast mixture of emotions.

However he ignores us as I presumed he would and holds his wand out defensively towards the two men.

"Tell me about Peter Pettigrew," Harry demands quickly pointing his wand at Remus Lupin when he begins to respond.

"He was at school with us," the Hogwarts professor says wearily.  "We thought he was our friend."

Even from my spot about twelve feet away from him, I could see the betrayal in his eyes. 

"No, Pettigrew's dead," Harry insists. "You killed him," he says briefly moving his wand so that it points at Sirius.

"No, he didn't-!" Remus interjects before I get the chance to.

I felt bad for doubting Sirius. All the research I've done on my mum all year may have been essentially useless, but at least I did learn one thing. Sirius Black truly is innocent.

"-I thought so too until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the map!" Remus explains.

"The map was lying then," Harry retorts.

"The map never lies!" Exclaims Sirius from the other end of the room. "Pettigrew's alive! And he's right there!"

Sirius points his finger to our corner of the room, Ron shaking when the man's finger rests on him.

"Me?" He asks in disbelief. "He's mental! I-"

"No!" Sirius yells. "Not you... Your rat!"

"Scabbers has been in my family for-" Ron says holding the 'rat' defensively closer to him.

"Twelve years?" Sirius asks interrupting Ron. "A curiously long life for a common garden rat! He's missing a toe, isn't he?"

"So what?" Ron asks causing me to scream out in frustration.

"All they could find off Pettigrew was his-" Harry begins answering his thick headed best friend.

"Finger!" Sirius interjects again. "The dirty coward cut it off so that everyone would think he was dead. And then he transformed into a rat!"

By now Ron's little pet was squirming and whining furiously the closer Sirius came towards him.

"Show me," Harry demands.

Sirius looks at him before nodding and without a second thought, goes to grab Scabbers. Ron violently turns away whimpering and telling Sirius off.

"Give it to him, Ron," Harry says calmly.

Me on the other hand, not so calm. I walked up to Ron and held him back, quite easily might I add, so that Sirius could capture Pettigrew.

"What are you going to do to him? Scabbers! Leave him alone!" Ron yells hysterically.