08.

"Alright mom! I'm heading out!" I called and mom came out here room. "Okay, be careful please, Clementine." I nod jogging over and giving her a kiss. "I will, love you." She nods and watches as I give GG a kiss and walk out the apartment.

We lived close by to we're all the farmers markets and a succulent stand was, were I usually go and hang around by myself.

I try to get Haley and Tessa to come but they always seem to have something come up. I hike my small size backpack up my shoulders and start my walk. I was heading down to Melrose boulevard to some of my favorite shops.

I wanted to get a new pair of doc martins but I needed to see how much the ones I wanted were before I can get them.

I'm almost there as I stand at the sidewalk until the little stick figure dude changes into the red hand. I sigh and wait patiently as I lean against the poll. A car slowing down catches my eye. My eyes widened and I duck my head as I see Zion, Nyah, that girl that tripped me, and two other guys come out the jeep.

Hurry up hurry up.

I contemplated on just running to the other side of the sidewalk but it was too late as Nyah spots me and the two familiar looking guys.

"Clem! Oh my gosh you look so cute." I smile at her hesitantly. Don't be rude Clementine. "Thank you so much, Nyah. So do you." She wore cute frilly shorts and a tube top and a cardigan with some sandals. "You're literally the sweetest. Where are you heading to?" Before I can answer the girl interrupts.

"Does it really matter, Nyah? Come on, let's go." I close my lips and notice just how close she is to Zion.

Nyah glared at the girl. "Chill out, Pricilla. I'm sorry about her, Clem." I shrug, looking at the side walk thingy noticing it was good to go. "It's okay. See you later!" She frowned and nodded.

I sighed, what the heck did I ever do to that...Penelope? Paisley? Perilla? Pricilla! Yeah what did I ever do to her. I shrug it off and go into the store.

"Hey, welcome to Doc's can I help you find something?" I nodded smiling. "Yeah, I was looking for the Mary Janes?" I ask and the guy nods, gesturing to the back of the store. "Here you go. Is that all?" I nod smiling again. "Yeah! Thank you so much." He grins. "No problem."

I looked at the tag and almost passed out. 110?! Geezus. I cleared my throat and walked out, ignoring the guys goodbyes.

I'm so broke it's sad.

I decided just to walk around, the cool fall air blowing. It was finally October something I've been dying for. I absolutely love this month. It was the first day of October to do I was wearing black shorts, my orange vans with my witch socks that went a little above my ankle, and a this guy loves candy shirt which was orange and had skeleton hands thumbing towards me that was tucked into my shorts held together with my black belt.

My hair let loose.

I spot at a place to eat and see Zion and his friends heading in the same direction. I puff out my cheeks and look for somewhere else to go but Zion's eyes connect with mine and I walk away quickly.

Might as well find something else. I kinda want hot wings anyways. My stomach growls at that and I smile, turning around and walking towards a spot I know.

I eat my wings happily, the hot sauce stingy my lips and burning my mouth but I ignore it. The taste addicting, I swing my legs back and forth as I eat. I drink my water rubbing my eyes with my wrists. I'll take the rest home, "Where's your crutches?" I jump and look up to see Zion.

He takes a seat and I look at him weirdly. "Um, it feels a lot better now. They're at my house I'll give them to you on Monday." I tell him and freeze as he throws a napkin at me.

I look at it and back at him, "Wha-" He rolls his eyes and picks it up, wiping my mouth.

"You're face is a mess." I blush and take the napkin away from him and clean up myself. "Oh, thanks." I mumble. He grabs my plate and I make a noise just as he picks up one of my wings and takes a bite. "What the heck?!" He smirks and continues eating.

"Excuse you." I growl. "What? Were you gonna eat them." I nodded, crossing my hands over my chest. "Yes! I was gonna save them for later." He rolls his eyes. "Too bad." I frown. "Didn't you eat already? At Panera?" He shakes his head.

"I don't want that." He says stubbornly, almost child like.

I grab one of the wings and eat it myself making Zion watch. I give him a look shaking my head.

"Zephyr and Zack want to see you. They keep talking about you." I smile as I walk out, a cup of water in my hand. I take a quick sip and swallow. "They're so sweet. Tell them I miss them." My phone rings and I answer, "Bring me a coke." My mom says before handing up. I blink, putting my phone in my pocket. "Okay..."

Zion's eyes look over my outfit. "Why are you dressed more weirdly than usual." He tells me and I laugh. "Because! It's the first day of October, Zion!" I yell, spinning around.

He rolls his eyes cracking a smile. "And?" I smile back. "And, that means cool weather, and soon candy. Costumes, and fun!" I tell him smiling at what's to come. He hums, "Aren't you...seventeen." I glare at him.

"And?" I mock and he smirks.

"Well I've got to go, thanks for eating all my wings." I say frowning, I hold my moms cold coke can in my hand and Zion nods. "Next tutoring session is at my house." I furrow my eyebrows. "W-" He cuts me off. "Just be there, Clementine."

____________________________
Ally and I are so excited and proud of this book! It's going pretty well.

Well I'm pretty sick and so is ally I have a terrible ear ache for some reason and my throats hurts so much I can barely swallow :(

But I hope you like the chapter