Arcade

We decided to spend our time in the arcade.

At first it was just me and Ally. But imagine my surprise when I saw my ex best friend having the time of her life in the arms of another person.

All those years it's as if she hasn't changed at all.Her hair still long and straight. Her eyes-the same hazel eyes I've learned to love.

She's currently playing with a boy I've never seen before. He's tall and lean and handsome. The kind of guy girls usually fall for.

I can see that they're having trouble in the claw machine as they tried to get the hello kitty stuffed toy.

I guess her favorite character never changed too.

I didn't know what I should feel. I haven't talked to her ever since junior high and now we're already seniors.

We've known each other ever since we were kids.And It's safe to say that we both shared a past together.

But ever since... I told her something I shouldn't have.... We grew apart. And now here we are again.

Our eyes met the moment we entered the arcade.She looked really shocked and I guess I am too but she reverted her gaze back to the person she's with.
I'm asking myself if I should just approach her. But I'm afraid that if I did she will just shrug me off. So I acted as if I never saw her there and avoided her as much as possible.

"What's wrong with you? "Ally asked me.

"What do you mean? " there's really nothing wrong with me. I mean I'm fine. I guess I am.

"You're spacing out again. It's as if you're in another dimension " her voice was laced with concern as she held my hand in both of hers.

Aww.

She's really concerned about me. I guess I should just get myself together and spend time with the person who actually cares about me.

"Aww you're cute when you worry." I pinched her cheeks.

"But you don't have to. I'm totally fine"

"Are you sure? Because if you're not feeling well we can just watch movies in my place" she suggested .

She's really cute and caring. I'm really lucky to have her in my life.

"But we're already here.And I really want to spend time with you. I'm sorry if I'm acting really weird earlier but it won't happen again " I promised and that earned a smile from her.

I did everything as promised. Although I'm still bothered by the presence of my ex best friend. I acted as if she's not there. And she acted as if she doesn't know me either.

----

"Ohhh let's go over there" she pointed towards the 'Just dance' machine and I internally died because she's there.

"Ummm maybe we can just go over there" I pointed towards the other direction but she refused.

"It's already crowded and besides you're a really good dancer. " I blushed and she smirked.

We're both dancers in our school and I guess she's right. I know a thing or two about dancing. And she does too. But the person plaguing my mind is right over there.

What am I supposed to do?

But before I can do anything Ally held my hand and dragged me over the area.You can say that it's specifically built for the just dance machine because it is really spacious and there's a glass separating the dance floor away from the other arcade games.

But the problem is that there's only one machine and it's currently occupied by you know who.

We waited and watched them dance. Even though I cannot see her face I'm still mesmerized with the way her body moves in sinc with the music.

The boy she's with can really dance too but it's different with her. She has that aura that just makes you watch her.

Once their dance was over she turned around. And that's the second time our eyes met. But just like the first one she acted as if she doesn't know me.

"Oh my god" Ally squealed in delight.

"Justine is that you? "she approached the boy dancing earlier. And by the looks of it, the person whom my ex bestfriend was dancing with knew my current best friend too.

I internally face palmed myself.

This cannot be happening.

They hugged each other.
"What a surprise Ally. And it looks like you've got someone now huh? " he glanced at me while smiling .

Ally's cheeks reddened and I can feel my cheeks heating up too.I bet I look like a tomato right now.

"We're just friends. "she stated.Her cheeks still red.

"Oh I'm sorry. I just assumed since you really look good together. "

Did he just said that?

From the corner of my eye I can see my ex bestfriend looking right at me.

I'm not entirely sure what to feel right now.

Ally just chuckled and held my hand in hers.

"I guess we do" she said.

Huh?

"By the way this is Lauren" the boy named Justine continued.

"My girlfriend "

Girlfriend?

Since when?

I just stared at my ex bestfriend waiting for any kind of reaction.

"Well, isn't that a surprise? Finally Justine found the one"she hugged Lauren and gestured towards me.

"And this beautiful girl right here is my best friend Erin"she held my hand in hers and pulled me towards her.

"So since we're all here why don't we spend the remaining time together? "Justine proposed .

"That's a really great idea"Ally clapped her hands together.

Yeah. That's really a great idea indeed.

T.T

----
What do you think?

Don't forget to comment and tell me if I should continue this or not.

Thank you

Xoxo